Didn't Have an Answer for This?!?!!

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Toby 1 kenobi
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Didn't Have an Answer for This?!?!!

Post by Toby 1 kenobi »

So I was talking to a fella who used to own 3 taxi companies around my area. He sold them on as he couldn't handle the breakdown of several vehicles at once. Although he liked my proposal and agreed to put it forward to the present owners to hear me out when I'm up and ready; he told me something that I hadn't even thought of before.

He said "All I do is drive around and get the details of the side of a HGV, I ring up the company complaining that it was chipped due to debris coming off their vehicle' and get the repair done for free."

Drivers talk, anyone else heard this? Any ideas how to handle?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Didn't Have an Answer for This?!?!!

Post by Brent Deines »

Yep, I used to do a lot of work for sand and gravel companies in this area. If a rock flew up from their tire they would not pay for the damage but if it came out of the back of the truck they would. Some didn't really argue much about it but others grilled the car owner to see if they thought they were being truthful or just trying to get a free repair or replacement.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
old school
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Didn't Have an Answer for This?!?!!

Post by old school »

In the many years in business I had 1 customer who told me a trucking company was paying him back for the repair.
The guy was an auto dealer who contacted the owner of the trucking company.