How can we capitalize on all the windshield replacement calls?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
SanAntonioWindshield
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

How can we capitalize on all the windshield replacement calls?

Post by SanAntonioWindshield »

I have a website domain that I'm happy to say it pops up on Google fairly well in my area. I get more calls for replacements which I do not do then repairs. I want to capitalize on these calls. Does anyone have any arrangements with replacement companies? What is the arrangement? How does it work out. What I really want, is to be able to quote the of price a replacement and set the appointment myself on one call from a customer. This so the customer is not waiting for me to have to call him back just so I have call someone else to get a quote, wasting the customer's, windshield replacement company's and myself's time. Does anyone have any ideas or experiences that may help? I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets these calls. Please share we could all benefit from this info.
mekinz

Re: How can we capitalize on all the windshield replacement calls?

Post by mekinz »

When I started out I had the same problem, too many replacement calls. Solution, find a good replacement company. Warning, there are a lot of really bad ones out there, so look for a reputable shop that uses AGSC standards to protect your reputation and your customers safety. You can find them at www.agsc.org.

When you find a good shop or mobile guy, you can ask them for a referral fee $20-$50 per job is an average rate. They will not be the cheapest, but you won't have to worry about warranty call as much, plus you can protect your own reputation as well. Eventually, we started doing it ourselves and now do more replacements than repairs. Hard work, but worth it.

Hope that helps.

Ken K
old school

Post by old school »

I use a few shops, some that give me a whole sale price and I make it up.
Another gives me $50 per replacement and $100 if more profitable.
old school

Post by old school »

One of the higher priced shops uses me to do their repair jobs.
salvatoreali

Post by salvatoreali »

I probably get 3 replacement calls for every chip repair especially on weekends since we are a beach town with lots of car breakins near the beach.
Sad but true. I tried recommendi g shops but they never thank me or reciprocate.
Never any feedback either so I stopped. A few times I called for them and was treated rudely. Sorry but I wish I had a solution I do not.