Motorcycle Windshield Repair?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Hooky

Drill Star Breaks?

Post by Hooky »

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to polish or remove scratches from a motorcycle windshield. I was doing a repair on another vehicle and this potential customer approached me. He said he scratched his windshield on his motorcycle while cleaning it and wanted it fixed. As far as I know all motorcycle windshields are pexiglass? :?: Thanks Again.
CPR

Post by CPR »

There is alot of stuff out there for polishing plastic, but it takes alot of time and is messy. I refinish plastic headlights and it is alot of work to make them look good.
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

OMG.....just buy a new motorcycle shield!!! Cheaper than crashing your bike and breaking all your bones cause ya can't see through the darn thing!
Hooky

Post by Hooky »

FYI The guy told me the replacement cost for his bike's windshield was right at 400 bucks after all is involved. I'm not sure if thats right but a repair that cost many times less than replacement - seems sensible. Are they really all pexiglass?
glass_meister
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by glass_meister »

The cheap ones are made of Plexi. However, you can tell your motorcycle customers to request a Lexan shield. They last longer and more resistant to scratches. Most glass shops can cut them to size for a much lower fee than $400. I just cut 3 for $95.

Tom
It is simple.....grow or die.