So My Tent Broke, Need Advice

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kmx321
Enter the middle number please (3): 3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So My Tent Broke, Need Advice

Post by kmx321 » January 19th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Just this morning, I found my tent completely bent due to high winds.
I had each leg inside a 5-gallon bucket filled with cement, but it still managed to tip over and break.
It doesn't get really windy here, usually 5-7mph winds. But lately, the winds have been between 10-18mph, today they were at 30mph which is extremely rare here.
When I was done, I would lower it to it's lowest height setting and leave it. Never had a major problem till today.

What do you guys use to secure your tent?
Some pictures would be very helpful.

This was my setup 6 months ago when I barely started out.

It looks a bit simple but it was all I could afford. The custom canopies that I looked into were out of my budget.
Miraglass 10ft x 10ft Canopy (2).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Clarity Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: So My Tent Broke, Need Advice

Post by Clarity Glass » January 21st, 2019, 9:23 pm

I purchased my tent from EZ-UP Direct. The tent legs have holes at bottom to attach the sandbags they sell. On really windy/gusty days I would not set up. I would set up and take down my tent everyday and store in my vehicle.

RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: So My Tent Broke, Need Advice

Post by RCRNR » February 6th, 2019, 8:59 am

I would suggest the vitabri v3 frame from instatent out of California it is a commercial grade aircraft aluminum frame it does cost more than a Costco tent but less than other commercial grade tents out there. In the pricing it does include a custom top as well. They sell 35 lb weights for the legs which I use two on one side other side I made an anchor I park my car on. But I do take it down daily I use a 15ft by 10 ft I am not very strong and can take down and set up alone. Not sure the size on yours but 10x15 works great for me.