Do any of you all have employees

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
kmx321
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Do any of you all have employees

Post by kmx321 »

I want to hire another person or two but I have a fear that they will steal customers and do repairs outside of work hours.
It just doesn't seem fair after I spend time and money on their training, tools, and legal fees.

So how do you all prevent this from happening?
I know it's impossible, but what measures do you all take in order to minimize these cases?
RCRNR

Re: Do any of you all have employees

Post by RCRNR »

I do not yet. The company I worked for in the past did just repair at mall locations around the USA. They had all new hires sign a no compete order at the time of hire. My attorney said no compete orders are very hard to enforce. My suggestion is for you to sign a lease with a no compete clause in it. I have always had no compete clauses in my leases to avoid some one moving into the same mall as me. Granted this only works with specialized businesses for me that has been Rent To Own, Pay Day Loans, and now WSR. This way you can at least protect the location you are in. Also remember 99.9 percent of people will never try to go it alone being it doesn't offer the security they believe they have. It is a process just to accept insurance payments in this business (Business license ,Insurance, Signing up with TPAs etc.) I don't think you should worry about them going it alone.
nixquax
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by nixquax »

It is very difficult to "trust" your employees in this type of business. You can get them to sign a no compete waiver but how do you enforce it? You can track and limit your access to equipment and supplies or franchise your company.
Nrz
NXQX WSR
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

I sign a non compete in my lease with the location I work at, one can compete just not at my location.