Side Glass Repair?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RCRNR
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Side Glass Repair?

Post by RCRNR »

Had a customer come in the other day his driver side window had a chip in it the bug said laminated glass. Is this repaired just like a front windshield? Also is the insurance process the same? I sent him to another shop being I have never done side glass. This seems very uncommon but for future I would appreciate any feed back.
ghost rider
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Side Glass Repair?

Post by ghost rider »

Yes, the repair is the same, pretty much. You need to compensate for the glass being more vertical. It's a little harder to keep the resin at the end of the injector depending on what equipment you're using. I have not had any problems billing insurance, just specify laminated side glass.
Clarity Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Clarity Glass »

Same as a windshield. My experience is the CSR will have to get a supervisor involved. The two i've done they billed as windshield repair.
RCRNR

Post by RCRNR »

Thank you for the information. I am floored by the way others in this industry are so helpful it is refreshing to see and meet people who love what they do and give helpful advice. Thank again
FixitFelix

Post by FixitFelix »

RCRNR wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 1:34 pm Thank you for the information. I am floored by the way others in this industry are so helpful it is refreshing to see and meet people who love what they do and give helpful advice. Thank again
You're not the only one floored by this, and it's why I rushed to sign up for this forum lol. In most other businesses people are very tight lipped when it comes to tips, and dont really help each other out much. In hindsight, it does help that we are not all direct competitors of one another (or at least so I think).
I'm your huckleberry