resin leaking under seal

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
HoustonGuy
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

resin leaking under seal

Post by HoustonGuy »

Can you guys check these photos to see if I am not screwing the screw to tight to the windshield or am I applying to much pressure. I followed the guidelines for the b150 bridge and after it makes contact with the windshield I turn it another half turn. But that does not seem like it would be tight enough. When I apply pressure the resin starts to leak so I screw it down further about another full 360 turn.
Attachments
IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg (15.54 KiB) Viewed 199 times
IMG_1168.jpg
IMG_1168.jpg (18.28 KiB) Viewed 199 times
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg (14.23 KiB) Viewed 199 times
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: resin leaking under seal

Post by Brent Deines »

Are you tightening the injector first, and then adjusting the pressure with the rear screw as per the instructions?

Does screwing it in just a little more solve the problem without creating additional problems?

It looks fine. The most important thing is that you can see the same amount of the seal on all sides. If one side is thin and the opposite thicker, that it is not adjusted properly.

The reality is that once you have been doing this awhile you may start adjusting your injector so there is slightly more or slightly less pressure on the glass than the 1/2 turn provides, and you'll likely go more by feel than anything else. As long as you are not getting leaks and the damage is filling properly it is probably fine. Just be careful not to apply too much pressure, which can make it more difficult to fill cracks and can cause crack outs.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Glass Patch
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: resin leaking under seal

Post by Glass Patch »

Using the single adjuster screw bridge instead of one with two adjuster screws has some limitations on curvature placements. With the single you may have to change the angle of the bridge so can fit flat to the glass and damage when a two screw adjuster allows you to adjust the bridge itself. Off angle of the curvature can cause a leak on single adjuster for you cant get a proper level fit. This is big time true on some older windshields where the glass curves around the sides.