have lots of questions

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
tmehlhorn
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

have lots of questions

Post by tmehlhorn »

Hey guys so several years ago i looked at windshield repair and delta kits. At the time i passed on the opportunity due to a misunderstanding on my part regarding insurance claims. But i am ready to do this and had a few questions.
1). who do you use for processing insurance claims. I seen it said something about EDI and how cheap that was. Do most of you use this? also do you really still have to make a phone call on every claim, they don't have an app or something yet to process all the claims? and how much do you What is the total you are paying in fees to processing of claims and what do the insurance companies typically pay?

2). Who are you using for liability insurance and what are they charging you?

3). what financial, crm and or invoice software you guys use? is there one out there specific to windshield repair to create invoices track everything and keep track of the money side?

4). When setting up i noticed one of the insurance processors listed something about sending a picture of your company vehicle? I'm not going to have a dedicated vehicle for this yet. so will i not be able to do claims with them or what exactly are they needing?

5). now down to operations. I really like the idea of setting at car washes etc. makes sense to go places that people are there for there cars already. what other places you guys like to set up.

6). follow up to 5. what kind of arrangement you normally work out with said carwash to be able to setup on the property? what is your in?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: have lots of questions

Post by Brent Deines »

Welcome to the windshield repair forum! See my answers below.
tmehlhorn wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 2:29 pm Hey guys so several years ago i looked at windshield repair and delta kits. At the time i passed on the opportunity due to a misunderstanding on my part regarding insurance claims. But i am ready to do this and had a few questions.
1). who do you use for processing insurance claims. I seen it said something about EDI and how cheap that was. Do most of you use this? also do you really still have to make a phone call on every claim, they don't have an app or something yet to process all the claims? and how much do you What is the total you are paying in fees to processing of claims and what do the insurance companies typically pay?
-This is how we submit claims by EDI with no app needed: https://www.deltakits.com/wise-crack/50 ... only-1-25/ For low volume you can submit claims for free to Safelite and HSG and for high volume you may consider using one of my software options.
-We still have to make a phone call for every claim.
-We pay $2.00 per claim for Lynx and $1.25 for all others but again, other than Lynx you can submit most claims for free through their websites.
-On average we receive approximately $65-$70 per claim but it depends which insurance companies you work with most.

2). Who are you using for liability insurance and what are they charging you?
-Because we do a lot more than windshield repair we use Liberty Mutual and pay about $500/mo but many of our customers use RLI and pay far less. Follow this thread for additional info: https://www.windshield-repair-forum.com ... nce#p63212

3). what financial, crm and or invoice software you guys use? is there one out there specific to windshield repair to create invoices track everything and keep track of the money side?
-QuickBooks Enterprise and Method CRM. There are a number of insurance billing software providers that are specific to the auto glass repair and replacement industry that are helpful if you are doing high volume, mainly for submitting and tracking claims via EDI, but you will still likely want to use something else for your accounting and possibly for your CRM. If I was just starting out I would look into free accounting and CRM options, or perhaps something like ZOHO that has low priced options but will grow with your company. I don't know that I would pay for insurance billing software unless I was doing at least 10 claims per day but if you contact Delta Kits we can give you the names of the most popular ones so you can do some research.

4). When setting up i noticed one of the insurance processors listed something about sending a picture of your company vehicle? I'm not going to have a dedicated vehicle for this yet. so will i not be able to do claims with them or what exactly are they needing?
-Buy a magnetic sign and slap it on the door of your vehicle. That's all they are really looking for and that way you can switch from vehicle to vehicle until you have one dedicated to the task, then I would go to vinyl lettering or a complete wrap.

5). now down to operations. I really like the idea of setting at car washes etc. makes sense to go places that people are there for there cars already. what other places you guys like to set up.
-We are a fixed location but if I was starting out I would go for a car wash, mall, or some other location with high visibility and lots of traffic. I would also build the fleet side as that has proven to be very lucrative for me and many others.

6). follow up to 5. what kind of arrangement you normally work out with said carwash to be able to setup on the property? what is your in?
-I'll have to defer to others on this one as we are not currently setup at a carwash. Many different options.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.