Direct Billing Travelers Invoice sent Back.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
WindshieldRepairTech
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by WindshieldRepairTech »

I repaired a customer's windshield and Travelers tried to get my customer to use another shop. They said my shop was not a approved shop. After about 20 minutes, I had the customer tell them that I would get them to sign a invoice and sent them a bill. They said fine. I sent the invoice along with a letter stating that the customer has a choice who to use and they returned my invoice with no payment. What are my options?
Pat

Post by Pat »

If you have, a claim numbers for the work that you de. I would try to resubmit the invoice to them. They can be playing a game with you from your remark. They all ready no the customer can choose who they want to do their work. If they got up on the wrong, side of the bed that day, you can be the lucky one they are taken it out on. :?:
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Personaly I have never had that problem before. I am not on Travelers list but I do work for them all the time and they never try to steer business from me. If you have a claim number they can't refuse the claim. They might send it back if you don't have a tax ID number with it or something like that. Call them and check.
David
Coitster
Glass
glass_meister

Post by glass_meister »

Travelers is migrating to a web based invoicing system. They are refusing paper invoices left and right. Go to http://www.eglassclaim.net and get set up on Travelers agreement. This site is managed by Mitchell (NAGS) . Travelers will soon be contacting everyone about their preferred system of paying invoices.
It is simple.....grow or die.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Some words of caution...just printed the Travelers Network Provider Agreement from the above mentioned web site and a couple items caught my eye!

Travelers is a Connecticut based corporation. Item #6 paragraph E. regarding w/s repair states not performing repair where the damage involves the drivers side of the w/s. Interesting don't you think!

Paper invoices are allowed with a $5 fee.

Item #14 Choice of Law. Not sure what the heck this means but Connecticut is mentioned again.

Insurance Requirements...Attachment B
Have you checked out the amounts?

I will continue to bill direct (Travelers) until I have a problem.
cure4glass

Post by cure4glass »

And a $10 fee for website processing.