Plastic V.S. Metal

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
JiveTalkinSmitch
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Full Time

Post by JiveTalkinSmitch »

Just thought I'd inquire about people's opinions on plastic injectors and bridges v.s. metal injectors and bridges. I have heard quite a bit of religion on how plastic injectors work just as well even though they don't look as cool and that if a plastic bridge falls off the glass your not as likely to damage the car and/or bridge and injector. Also, I saw a guy throw his plastic bridge across a parking lot with the injector, pick it up, do a repair and say "Try that with a metal bridge and injector."
Delta Kits

Plastic V.S. Metal

Post by Delta Kits »

You forgot to add ours!

Bridges: plastic vs. metal vs. nylon/fiberglass

:)
Delta Kits, Inc.
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

I use the plastic injectors from esprit. I have tried some of the metal injectors and just haven't been as comfortable with them. My bridges are aluminum.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Although I own several metal I havnt used them in months i have been using
my Liquid resins injectors exclusivly the plastic seems durable and doesnt get hot in the sun. I find im using half as much resin and never have the wasted run down the windshield resin when i remove it. Also the design saves whatever resin wasnt used in the injector for the next repair 8)
JiveTalkinSmitch

Post by JiveTalkinSmitch »

Delta Kits wrote:You forgot to add ours!

Bridges: plastic vs. metal vs. nylon/fiberglass

:)
I don't understand what you mean. I know I'm not the sharpest ball bearing out there and I'm sure there's humor intended and will probably laugh (at myself) when you explain though. Thanks Jeff.

:?
Delta Kits

UV protection

Post by Delta Kits »

Jive,

I was just meaning that our bridges aren't plastic and aren't metal, they're a nylon/fiberglass mixture...

There was humor behind it, I just didn't want to be left out!
Delta Kits, Inc.
cure4glass

Post by cure4glass »

I also use the LR bridge. Compact,simple and I get great results....But that could be accredited to the delta resins and experience.