Small town

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
gold star wsr

Re: Small town

Post by gold star wsr »

I love this town! I have a regular client who has a huge cherry tree in her yard, and always makes sure to call me when they are ready to pick ...
This past June I was out of town when they were ripe, so I missed out. Yesterday she called me to repair her windshield... she wont let anyone else touch it, (even though the network tried to steer her to someone in the city). When I finished the job, she gave me some of the cherry jam and canned cherries that she had put up ... because she felt bad that I had not been able to come get them in June! ... Maybe I wont ever get as financially fit here as I might in the city... but I am rich in friendships, and that means a lot more to me. It turns out that she is a nurse tech in the post partem wing of the hospital where my daughter is going to be delivering our first grandbaby very (very, very) soon ... You can bet that my daughter and her baby are going to get very good care on this lady's watch!!!
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

I agree. Some things are more important than the money, aren't they.
CPR

Post by CPR »

Good post Gold Star, things like that are hard to beat. If you can go to work every day and come feeling good that is priceless.
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

Most things are more important than money. It's sad that many never learn that... well, at least not until it's too late to matter...

Does she give free refills? Maybe you can take a sign with you next time "will work for food" ;)
cwrepair

Post by cwrepair »

I live in a small town of 5000 and have about 15 other towns I service that are 10 to 45 miles driving distance in every direction. I started six years ago and have built a good living in windshield repair business thru acounts, insurance companys, and personal clients. I do travel a lot of miles each day but its well worth the return. I think you could do very well even if your operating from a small town providing you are willing to travel to any of your other surrounding areas to build your business. I hope you give a shot. I think you'll be glad you did.
lsidman

Post by lsidman »

well I went ahead and ordered a kit so there's no looking back now. I was at the bar last night and already got 3 jobs to do and I havn't enven got the kit yet, I'm hoping it gets here tuesday. It also helps that my father in law owns a road construction company and they get chips and cracks on a daily bassis, plus all the replacment I already do for them.