What do you folks think about....GT???

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
rola76

What do you folks think about....GT???

Post by rola76 »

As you may have read my last post, I'm quitting my full time job and entering a new career, WSR. I've been reading the archives and noticed alot of experienced forum members using Delta and Glas-weld. I got a really sweet deal for a used GT eliminator (machine) kit. Would this be a good beginners kit for a novice to enter the WSR industry ? Or would it be better to purchase a manual non-machine kit? I'm alittle torn right now? The Delta kit looks really good too! Maybe I should get both?
mafsu

Re: What do you folks think about....GT???

Post by mafsu »

A manual machine is much easier to move around from car to car. The price is a fraction of what the machine based system cost. You will be able to do just as good a repair with the manual system.

I think GT's resins are the best. I have been using them for about two years now.
rola76

Post by rola76 »

Do you think it's best not to buy a machine kit and stick with a manual machine? Reason being I'll be getting the eliminator kit at 1/3 of the original price (used).
rola76

Post by rola76 »

mafsu wrote:A manual machine is much easier to move around from car to car. The price is a fraction of what the machine based system cost. You will be able to do just as good a repair with the manual system.

I think GT's resins are the best. I have been using them for about two years now.
BTW: Masfu, I was wondering what WSR kit do you use? :)
k9mkt

Post by k9mkt »

I'm using all of GT's products with regards to WSR and do find it very good and worth while. I have also used Glass Mex and a few other types of kits, resins and so on but found that the GT resins are very good.

As for the Eliminator, I think its a really effective, simple-to-use machine which makes WSR easy. As for transporting it around, I do not find it any less hassle than the other kits in the market today. As for the work load concerned, its really good and has done some really magnificent repairs for me over the year.

In the situation I'm in, based in Malaysia with only a handful competitors and the WSR industry being relatively quite new and unheard of, I wanted to have an edge over any competition, therefore I got the Eliminator which happens to be the only machine in Malaysia for now.

The market here is such that its quite difficult to convince the majority of people that WSR works in both ways and NOT just for us to gain profit. And by using the conventional way (manual) its gonna be alot more difficult unless you have been in the industry for donkey years. To start something new here, you've got to have the edge, if NOT just don't bother, that's the situation in Malaysia.

The 'asian' mindset here is very much different therefore getting the Eliminator and currently operating my own WSR has really been a good experience for me. So far, I'm happy and contented with GT and all of its WSR products. Their after sales service has been excellent.
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

I use bridges that I have made for me. And I use esprit injectors.
rola76

Post by rola76 »

how do you like the performance of the esprit injectors? I just went on the Esprit homepage and saw the black injector. That's a bargain $9.41!
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

I really like them
rola76

Post by rola76 »

mafsu wrote:I really like them
about how many uses can you get out of those injectors before they need to be replaced? :eusa_thin
autocosmetics
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by autocosmetics »

GT is a good company, good resins too. But for what it's worth, I bought a brand new Eliminator and had to send it back for repair shortly after I got it. They weren't real quick about getting it back to me either. So if you invest that much money, even for a used one at a discount price, can you afford to buy some extra injectors to have on hand in case you have to send it back for repair? There's a lot of good equipment on the market that you could buy and have a couple injectors for the price you'd spend for just one used Eliminator. I'd also recommend getting some training if you really want to jump start your business. I was amazed at how much I learned. It's one thing watching a video, but when you go for training you see first hand exactly what to do and when to do it, and your trainer can see if you're making mistakes and help you correct them.