Enviromental Impact

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
repare-brise

Enviromental Impact

Post by repare-brise »

Does any one have stat's on the enviromental impact of windshield replacement. Also stat's on what the insurance companies spend on a yearly basis for glass claims(repair vs repalcement) and how much they spend on liability claims due to improperly installed glass?

Merci
gold star wsr

Re: Enviromental Impact

Post by gold star wsr »

When someone calls me for wsr, its because they want to save their windshield, and in the process save money. I have been doing windshield repair since 1996, and have yet to meet a client that really gives a fig about whats in the windshield graveyards, or what the insurance companies spend on anything. All my clients want is for me to repair their windshields and for their insurance to pay for it, so they can get on with their lives.
repare-brise

Post by repare-brise »

Gold Star

For the enviroment question Canadians have traditionaly been more concerned with the enviroment than Americans, so for us it's important. As for the insurance question it's usefull when approaching an insurance broker or company to know your figures.

Thanks
maxryde
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by maxryde »

Us folks here in the Northwest ARE enviormentally friendly for the most part. I feel the enviormental approach is an issue that some customers will respond to, but only as an addition to the other issues that sell repair(IE.cost, mfg seal etc...) Just my 2 cents worth. Scott
My best mentor one said " be fair with your priceing but never too low, be honest with your customer/competition, when the day is done be sure you have done "good works", and always leave something of value on the barganing table!!

While my friend and trainer/ mentor Ray has moved on, his words live.
Layne

Post by Layne »

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm regarding the US not signing the Kyota accord?

In my opinion, other signatory countries want us to " bite the bullet" regarding the greenhouse gases. While we have been most successful in our industrial development, the reductions in mind and proposed by others want us to take the biggest hit, suffer through high unemployment and yet be overly generous in aid to all of them. We ain't gonna do that---I hope.

Sorry---had to vent a tad.

Layne
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Most people I mention the enviromental part to just LOL.
Layne

Post by Layne »

I see that my response was deleted.

Oh well--so much for my act of patriotism.

Layne
paintlessplus

Post by paintlessplus »

God Bless Texas.......
repare-brise

Post by repare-brise »

The point of my post i believe has been lost. Teh point wasto provide us all with statistics to better inform and educate our customers, not to start a debate on who is more enviromentally friendly,or patriotic, I,m sorry that my english is not perfect, could it be the way I formulate my sentences? Anways soory for any angst that I may have caused.

Merci
paintlessplus

Post by paintlessplus »

Repare-Brise Your post was very well put and I am in full agreement to your idea of promoting the environmental aspects of repair. I have done a good internet search for the statistics that you are looking for and have been unable to find any. My business is windshield repair and paintless dent repair. On my website, and on the lettering of my truck I use the tag line...

" Easing natures impact Saving Americas environment"

http://www.paintlessplus.com

Your english is very good and you did not cause any anger here. Please keep posting, I enjoy your ideas. You are an asset to this forum. Bob