Which is you opinion about Nu-View Glass equipment

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Dario Apolinar

Which is you opinion about Nu-View Glass equipment

Post by Dario Apolinar »

I want to know, opinion about the Nu-View Glass equipment for to windshield repair.
gold star wsr

Re: Which is you opinion about Nu-View Glass equipment

Post by gold star wsr »

I went to their website, but I didnt see any examples of their equipment, so I cannot comment about their bridges or injectors. This appears to be a franchise deal. My personal feeling about franchise is DONT. For the cost of the franchising fees, you can purchase excellent equipment from such as Delta or Glass Technology, and do your own marketing.
a1repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by a1repair »

Greetings Dario,

My advice is to check out the windshield repair tools of this website. I think Delta Kits could get you up and running pronto. Why fool around with anyone else?
[FONT=Arial]A-1[/FONT] Windshield & Vinyl Repair
We get the monkey off your back! Since 1984
code3wsr

Post by code3wsr »

If your tools don't say DELTA you can't do good repairs :eusa_liar .
I think the opinion of most people on this board is this: If you choose quality tools and take the time and effort to learn to do good repairs the name on your tools is meaningless.
So how do you know if the tools your looking at are quality?
Are they made of stainless steel, or high quility polymer resin? (yes there may be other good materials this is just my opinion)
What kind of guarantee does the maker offer?
Call and ask about their coustomer service and training commitment. This is very important to your choice, or should be.

My opinion is don't go for low bid equipment most of the "top of the line" equipment is comprably priced to each other. Cheap tools are just that, and you wont be satisfied.
These are just my opinions. :)
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

There are only a couple MFGs who sell a complete system and give you real world advice to help you succeed Delta is one. This board is an example of thier desire to help others make a living at WSR. Sure there are others companys out there but you are here now look around call Jeff ask him some questions you cant go wrong.
Jeremiahswindshieldrepair

Post by Jeremiahswindshieldrepair »

Code3WSR,
While I share your opinion that Delta is the easiest and most reliable system on the market and the people in the office are the most helpful (except Jeff who obviously sucks bad) 8) .... I wouldn't go as far as to say that others can't do a good job. There are many on this board that do fine work with more complicated and slower machines. These guys do a good job because they are good techs and people who have a conscious about doing a good job at what they do. A quality repair can be achieved consistently by about 3-4 different systems on the market. I just choose delta cause they are easiest to use (no extra knobs and springs or hand pumps or any of that crapola), best quality (or at least equal to any other high quality machine), very reasonably priced and good tech support.

As far as Nu-View goes ... on this forum you have some of the best techs in the biz. I haven't heard of more than 1 who uses the system. That doesn't mean the systemis bad, it just emans everyoen else has found reasons to buy other equipment and are generally happy with it. If a reputable repair guy on this forum could come forward and say he/she has used Nu-View with success for a extended period of time then it just might get a couple endorsements. But I would say go with the professionals choice on this board and that is only between about 3 systems maybe 4.
maxryde

Post by maxryde »

Good luck Dario,
I agree with what's been said so far and would like to add that I have searched the internet extentsively and this is the first time that name came up. (I'm not sure why) It would seem that they only franchise and that to me is the first reason for declining a purchase, second is they don't appear to want you to have a look at their equipment (no pictures)! I usually suspect at this point that they want into your pocket BEFORE making any info available to you. This leads me to believe that in the event of a problem down the road that you will find youself on your own to find solutions. While I personally use Delta's equipment and recomend it to new tech's (especially due to the ease of a newby picking up the kit and doing a pretty good repair off the shelf so to speak). I believe too that some of the competitors of Delta provide a quality and competitive kit and tech support that would merit investigation if your certain you don't want to purchase from Delta. Just my 2 cents. Scott
My best mentor one said " be fair with your priceing but never too low, be honest with your customer/competition, when the day is done be sure you have done "good works", and always leave something of value on the barganing table!!

While my friend and trainer/ mentor Ray has moved on, his words live.
screenman

Post by screenman »

it is very sledom that I get wound up by anyone on this forum but get your facts right code3 I have never used Delta kit and I can assure you my repairs are first class and so are those of the students I train.

Have you not heard of Novus, Glassweld, Esprit and many more excellent kits which in the hands of well trained operators will turn out quality repairs, I do not doubt that the Delta system is of good quality and well made but the kit alone does not make good repairs.

I think code3 owes many of us on this forum who do not use Delta kits a big sorry.

Wow! rant over.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

Code3 was making a joke. (correct me if i'm wrong code). That's why he put the pinnochio thing at the end of his statement.

In fact, if I remember correctly, he uses Glasweld.

Everyone needs to chill out around here. If you're not going to read the post very carefully, don't respond with accusations.
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I think that maybe we should here from some of Opti-kleers franchisees they seem to be doing very well before we completely condemn franchising.

I know this is a bit off post but...
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over