new vs used!?!?!?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: new vs used!?!?!?

Post by screenman »

Just to let some of you know my history in repair I started off buying a Novus franchise in 1988 for
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

I started out with used tools, and they served me very well (I did upgrade later, when I knew for sure I wanted to continue in this occupation) ... but what you often dont get with pre-owned equipment is the much-needed training. While this isnt rocket science, a person does need to know procedures and what exactly a properly completed repair looks like and how to accomplish this as efficiently as possible. If you have someone who can train you, then used is very good. The money you save can be put into marketing yourself.
ChipMaster

Post by ChipMaster »

Blind Squirrel,
I also started out at the "big evil safelite" except i already worked in the warehouse when i got hired as a repair medic. They told me to watch a video and learn how to do a repair!!!!LOL i was screwed! my very first day i spent about 4 hours watching the video and about 1 hour trying it out. Then they handed me a stack of invioces,(that i have never seen before),and told me to get STARTED! now at that time i have lived in Portland for about five months and i had drivin in this city maybe 3 times!!!??!?!
So i bucked up they handed me the keys to one of the repair medics truck and sent me on my way. i remember the time exactly 2:25pm..... the horror of this story is i had no idea how to get anywere,no knowledge on what to do if i made itand most of all 15 JOBS to do!!!!! before 6:00. it sucked!!! two weeks later i finally got my "TRAINING" and by that time i had allready have seen the stupid video(as many times as icould stand) and took a windshield home to do about 100 repairs or so. everything that i was trained for in the special safelite training school i more or less taught myself.

Since then i have found that Delta kits has definitly a higher Quality of equipment i just wanted to here some opinions on new vs used because i feel that if the repair tech knows what there doing it greatly increases the re-use of the kit or kits
Thanx for the replys im new here so its good to start hearing some opinions... toilet humor and all later CHIPMASTER OUT.
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by johnnyone »

Hi, Have bought new and used and like the new stuff, it seems to have the technical advandage for better and faster repairs.
Bullseye WSR