new vs used!?!?!?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
ChipMaster

new vs used!?!?!?

Post by ChipMaster »

any thoughts?????????? :eusa_thin
ChipMaster

Re: new vs used!?!?!?

Post by ChipMaster »

on equipment and supplys?? sorry:)
code3wsr

Post by code3wsr »

I think used is fine if you know what the tools are supposed to look and function like. For example I use GlasWeld so if I bought a GlasWeld injector used I would know imeadetaly if it was in good shape or not. If I bought a used Delta injector I wouldnt know if it was working the right way or not. Unless it was obviously broke...like a piece broke off injector body or something. Also I think several of the better known co.'s sell used tools directly and most of them offer a warranty. If the tools you want can be bought from the co. used and with a warranty and tech support them I think its a good deal.

Sorry for the rambling, it all sounded good in my head !! :)
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I tend not to by resin after it has been used it does not seem to flow well.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Squirrel dont eat the big pink mints either
ChipMaster

Post by ChipMaster »

thanks for the urinal advice i keep falling for the mints:)
dingmedic

Post by dingmedic »

Pink Mints!!! NO Fair, we only have one stupid machine that give the same prize everytime!!!! Dawn :)
screenman

Post by screenman »

For a proper answer to this post my tools are definately second hand due to the fact I have been using them for 17 years and they still work fine.

The main problem with buying a second hand kit is there is usualy something missing, so make sure you know what you are looking for before you purchase.

I would suggest you do some good research and consider where you are going to get trained.

Has anyone got into this trade on the real cheap and done well and earned a good income from it , or have all the succesful ones made a proper start using new tools training marketing etc. answers please.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

All new tools, training, not much in the way of marketing help. In my case a bunch of money spent on crummy training. Make sure to spend your money on good training from a reputable company. I struggled a lot in the beginning because of my lack of good training. Not that it won't be difficult at first, I'm sure there is always some hard times to get through. Just saying that with proper training I could have been much better prepared.
repare-brise

Post by repare-brise »

New equipment(my case but a used set could have workrd as well), factory training(a must regardless of equipment), and a broad marketing base(past personal experiance, factory training, marketing manual that came with kit, reading past posts). In order of importance to my success- 1- marketing, 2- training 3-equipment choice. As has been stated here many times it's the tech that does the job, not the equipment, what is important is to be comfortable with your tools, and be confident, the rest is just selling,

As for the mints, in Canada we also have white and blue one's, but most of the time they are kept in a plastic cage, so I have no experiance as to which are better.

Merci