Drill

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Drill

Post by GlassStarz »

I recently bought a Dremil 7.2 have been useing it a couple weeks like it alot $39 at wally world
Sneck

Re: Drill

Post by Sneck »

Awesome! I have recently been having drill battery charger problems. Walmart is only a few miles from here. I'll look for one there this week-end. Thanks!!!!!!

Sneck
magicogar

Post by magicogar »

The Dremel I have uses a NiCad battery so please remember to discharge them all the way before recharging it again due to the memory effect.
cure4glass

Post by cure4glass »

A few years ago I had a consistent problem with several of my dremel batteries not holding a charge for long.Ultimately I called the manufacturer and they asked if I charged them longer than three hours;Sure enough, a lot of times i would leave for the day and leave the batteries on charge.I bought new batteries,and a plug-in timer and started plugging the charger into the timer, setting it for three hours and that took care of my problem.
a1repair

Post by a1repair »

We also have dremel battery drills, what we have found usefull, is to charge the batteries as we are driving to the next job. They sell power inverters that plug into cigarette lighters. They are great & inexpensive. That way we have a "full charge" at every job.

They too, are sold at "Wally World" :o
[FONT=Arial]A-1[/FONT] Windshield & Vinyl Repair
We get the monkey off your back! Since 1984
johnnyone

Post by johnnyone »

I always carry a extra battery that has been charged, just in case.
Bullseye WSR
cure4glass

Post by cure4glass »

I have one toolbox dedicated to nothing but my Batteries, chargers,Inverter,dremel and UV lamps.
screenman

Post by screenman »

18 year old Novus drill still going well, not the same bit though.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

A1Repair... great tip, using timers for charging... I had known about over-charging the batteries, but invariably would forget to pull them after 3 hours. I never thought about using timers... and we have a number of those that only get used at Christmas time. Another thing that will shorten battery life is charging them before they are fully run down. Those batteries have a ''memory'' ... not sure I can explain it correctly... but if you re-charge a half-used battery... it remembers where it was charged to ... if you do this repeatedly ... say you charge at the end of the day even if the battery isnt all the way run down... eventually the battery will only be good for that amount of use... same thing happens with cordless phone batteries. The thing to do is let them get fully run down, then recharge them completely.
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

The best drill I've found to date is Dremel Model 800, 10.8 volt/Lithium-Ion. It's a little pricey at $69 but has no memory to worry about and only requires charging once a month. For polishing I use the older version 7.2 volt/ni-cad dremel model and yes, you should always pre drain any ni-cad battery to zero between charging cycles. If you haven't been doing this and are experiencing charging problems, try running battery through 7-9 full charging and discharging cycles which should help erase these memory problems. I learned this from selling cellular phones with ni-cads for 7 years and 80% of the time it worked.