Does your car you drive..........?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
BmwJunkie

Does your car you drive..........?

Post by BmwJunkie »

This might be dumb questions but I will ask them anyway. Does the car you drive up to your job affect the persons opinion about you, Rather it be a truck or a car? I drive a 2001 Bmw now. Would'nt you think it would look kind of shaddy pulling up in a bimmer to a repair job? I would like to get a truck for my WR business. Any thoughts?
cure4glass

Re: Does your car you drive..........?

Post by cure4glass »

They may wanna get into the biz!!
code3wsr

Post by code3wsr »

I dont think it matters what you drive as much as how you present yourself.
That being said...I drive a '99 F-350 power stroke, when I service the dodge dealer I have, I just park at the back of the lot and walk to the front. I dont know if it would matter to them, I just do it out of respect. As for my retail people... I have never had anyone remark about my truck. 'course this is TEXAS and everyone has a truck.
Also an oil well and cows in their back yard :eusa_liar
hope my ramblings help. :)
a1repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by a1repair »

Greetings BMwJunkie,
BmwJunkie wrote: I would like to get a truck for my WR business. Any thoughts?
We have 3 Toyota Tacoma trucks, lettered and have truck caps on them. It presents a "professional image". They are very relaible, and almost maintenance free. They have worked well for us, in that, we travel many miles per week to service our accounts who rely on us being there regularly.

Hope that helps!
[FONT=Arial]A-1[/FONT] Windshield & Vinyl Repair
We get the monkey off your back! Since 1984
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by johnnyone »

Yes, I have been judged by a customer, they see a nice vechicle so they assume you are doing good. if they see a older car they think that you are just surviving. I guess it depends on what kind of image you want to imply.
Johnnyone
Bullseye WSR
cure4glass

Post by cure4glass »

I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra with a tunneau cover, looks very clean and the signage makes it look real professional imo. I also have a 1992 Nissan pickup(186,000 miles on it), not as clean but is a lot better on gas.I usually make a point to travel in the newer vehicle if I'm going to a new customer's location or to "look" for business. However I do a ton of repeat business and don't hesitate to drive my "Old" truck to do those. I have another job, work seven days on, seven days off, so I have to do a lot of repairs after I get off of my "real" job.This means I'm usually in my "old" truck and have to drive it to do a lot of the " after hours" repairs.If I have prescheduled a repair for a new customer I'll switch vehicles.I do believe that first impression helps, fair or not.Having said that, I would'nt go in debt for a truck just for vanity's sake.
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

I have a 1994 chevy s-10 pick up truck with extended cab. It has 170,000 miles on it. Had the sides and tailgate lettered a few years ago. Recently I removed the ''mobile service'' lettering because as of April 15 I will no longer be providing mobile service except to fleets. I will have a permanent location where people will be coming to me. I am in a rural area, and it isnt practical to drive 15 or 20 miles to do one repair... or to hope to do one repair only to discover that it cant be fixed... or that between the time I called to confirm the appointment and my arrival... the client had ''forgot'' I was coming. So, now I will be stationed in the parking lot of a business complex where I have a good working relationship with the owner, and there is good traffic there. We have a small motor home that will be parked there. The owner is going to let me put up permanent signage as soon as she gets her own sign re-installed. Big wind storm blew down the sign... timing was great, though, she really needed a new one anyway LOL... but anyway... its at a well-traveled location and I expect to do very well there.
repare-brise

Post by repare-brise »

I drive a few different cars depending on the season. In the winter I drive a 1989 Volvo 740 station wagon wiht 1,300,000 kms(about 800,000 miles) , it's clean, safe, reliable, economical(gas is roughly $3.50 a gallon here) and is not offensive to any dealer(if I were to drive into a Chevy dealers lot with a new Ford the first question would be why not shop here?), not to mention fun to drive(a few suspension mods and a larger turbo makes a big difference). In the summer I have the choice of 2 rides that are great conversation pieces. The one I use the most is a 1973 Volvo P1800es(150 000 miles), it is a rare car with great curb apeal, and for dealers it is completly non offensive, and I don't require lettering as all the dealers know the car. The other choice is a 1965 Volvo 122s(450,000 miles), the same applies as the 1973. So if you always wanted that 68 charger, go for it, it's a company expense.

Merci