Getting tent locations?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Clarity Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Getting tent locations?

Post by Clarity Glass »

Nope, I used to be affiliated with those guys. You can usually find me close by to that location across the highway. Steve.
Windshield Guy

Re: Getting tent locations?

Post by Windshield Guy »

Business dies after 3 - 6 weeks? How so? How close are your other three locations? Surely repeat business and a reliable windshield repair Tech being there on time everyday will drum up the business? If your not there your gonna lose the business. I used this method too ChipMaster.. called the Auto Service Manager - offered them the rental deal and they were reeled in.

Having a clear business plan and a portfolio introducing the business to the chain really worked for me. I pushed the safety aspect a whole lot and they liked that. I also pushed the customer service aspect as well. Now I am trying to learn windshield replacement to know how to market it and talk to customers. But I totally agree, a tent location is a good start as any. Being a very conservative business woman, if I can do it, anyone can.
ChipMaster wrote:hi jeff ,
i do nothing but tents any more and one of the easiest ways to get a location is to go in another store thats on the lot, if there is one, and ask for a manager. when a manager comes out introduce yourself "hi my name is Jeff with (company name here), i was needing to get the property managements number i have a question about a couple of spaces in the parking lot outside. would you...possible have the number it would really help me out. thanks" they usually get the number and sometimes even a contact name. this is just the first step in the door ,now if there is not another store then just call the number on the for lease sign. when you have the number give it a call and ask for who ever would be in charge, concernining the rental of two parking spaces on 'such and such street'. Buy using the word "rental" it gets it in there heads that there is some potential money invovled so you dont get the quick NO.if the person who answered the phone says well thats me say thats perfect,my name is Jeff with (company name) and what i do is actually set up in good locations with a proffesional tent and offer Free windshield repairs for the customers in that area. usually in my "other" locations i pay a little rent so your company can pull in some extra money. (wait for a response and ,unless they say yes, ask.."if possible i always ask if your not sure about this process to try it for a week. and if you dont like me say the word and im gone".:) (people love to have control):) then just go with the conversation and see where it goes and remember not to get your hopes up because alot of companys have a policy that does not allow these types of things to go on on there property!:) but keep trying and different locations are a must. once you get the spot keep looking its best to have at least three locations because the business dies after 3-6 weeks of being there so you need to alternate. also for your tent use the kiss method for your banners and make them big mine are 4'foot X 8'foot banners.(Keep I Simple Stupid) just have big letters saying FREE FREE WINDSHIELD ROCK CHIP REPAIR FREE FREE you get the idea . Also get a sign made to put on a stick that says FREE ROCK CHIP REPAIR NOW recomend the color red. and stand on the corner or in a good spot and wave it around during rush hours. IF YOU DONT GET AT LEAST 5 A DAY GO TO YOUR OTHER LOCATIONS ....IMO
IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER ???s THEN LET ME KNOW I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I KNOW:)
ChipMaster out