Fixed location operations.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
texas jim

Fixed location operations.

Post by texas jim »

I have recently been offered to work on a Lott in a vary busy area. right off a main road. have worked fixed operations before but not in wsr.. am allowed signs on to the main road and my location will be about 30 ft from the main road. trying to think of what type of signs would be best. the owner insist thay be of wood frame. but should the copy be simple. like WINDSHIELD REPAIR with a phone number and a arrow pointing to the Lott entrance? any input on fixed op,s would be great.. thanks
gold star wsr

Re: Fixed location operations.

Post by gold star wsr »

I established a fixed location for this past summer that worked out very well for me. I parked my RV in the parking lot near the coffee shop, and left it parked permanently. I would drive my truck back and forth to home. When at work, I parked the truck at the entrance to the parking lot, with banners on it "Windshield Repair Today". And on the roadside, about 300 yards away in each direction, another little sign "Windshield repair ahead" with an arrow. This worked out very well for me. But I am going to operate out of my home for the winter. My local clients know how to reach me, and I am offering what I call "semi-mobile service". We have restrictive covenants in my subdivision, so I'm not supposet to have people coming to my home, but I can meet them in some commercial location.
texas jim

Re: Fixed location operations.

Post by texas jim »

Gold star thanks for the input. never did thank to put signs ahead of my location. thats good stuff and the since of urgency is created by windshield repair today! and yes will run mobile at the same time. but that will take some organizing of my time. don't want to miss business from the road with the price of fuel. which is one of the reasons i wanted a fixed location. by the time i pay my fuel it would be as much if not more then the monthly lease. Jim