Moisture

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Anonymous

Re: Frustrated

Post by Anonymous »

I have a new Delta B300 that I've been practicing with and doing quite well. I need to do a star (combined with a small bullseye) repair on my windshield and I'm paranoid about not having all the moisture removed before injecting the resin. Because I feel that the resin will lock in any moisture not removed before the repair. I have read all the posts back to Nov. 02 and not found very much about moisture. I would like to know more about the operating principal of Delta's moisture removing tool. The reason I have not asked Jeff about this is because I would like a lot of opinions. I have a heat gun but I'm not against buying something better.

Thanks, Jim
just a working stiff trying to do good
Anonymous

Moisture

Post by Anonymous »

The basic principle behind this unit (Delta DS100) is manually cycled radiant heat intervals. It is basically a cigarette lighter with push button control. The other items for moisture removal are for the most part of the forced hot air/gas type and some chemicals may provide evaporative qualities but at the same time may cause a negative effecton the PVB. What ever you use I would exercise caution not to overheat the area and create a delamination issue.

I also use Delta's moisture removal tool and find it to be a great tool. As for any specific product specs I would contact Delta Kits.

There is one post that I know for sure is in the archives, not sure when it was posted though and it touched on various moistural removal systems. Might be under "moisture removal" or something similar.

I hope this was what you where looking for when you asked for pricipal.

Corrected part number

Edited by: deltakits Image at: 7/30/03 1:01 am
Anonymous

Re: Moisture

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks for the correction guys, I just cut and pasted it from original post.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Re: Moisture

Post by Anonymous »

Thank you for the reply. I'll just use a heat gun along with an infrared thermometer.

Jim