Help! How do I get started again?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
cazador

Re: Help! How do I get started again?

Post by cazador »

As you can see, I tried to delete the first message , but for some reason couldn't get it of the board . Don't ask me why !!
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by SGT »

rockon299;24758 wrote:Hi guys thanks for your input. I did try the Delta pit polish and didnt have much luck. I am using the curing strips. I'm following the instructions scraping with a razor blade in a cicular motion. i'm very greatfull for any help on this. Thank You Rory

Remove excess cured pit fill resin with a back and forth motion holding the razor blade at a 90 deg angle. Then polish. Good luck.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

cazador;24761 wrote:As you can see, I tried to delete the first message , but for some reason couldn't get it of the board . Don't ask me why !!
I deleted it for you...We had it so people could delete their own posts for a while, but then someone would delete a post that others had replied to, and threads started making no sense, so now it only makes sense to leave it. I can always delete a duplicate post if needed.
Delta Kits, Inc.
AGSS

Post by AGSS »

Heres an inspirational quote for you

You have brains is your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
-Dr. Seuss
Robin Hood

Post by Robin Hood »

ATOG,

First off it sounds like you had the repair process down but it seems like you were working for too many people. You can process your own claims for $20 a month instead of $10 a job. Also you can walk mall parking lots a get 2 - 5 repairs daily. Don't pay someone unless they can provide you access to three times that daily. If not your in the wrong place.

If you want to do this full time, create a plan and work that plan. Determine how much money you want to make a year. Figure out how many repairs you need to do to achieve that minus expenses. Break it down to how many you need to do a day to achieve this long term goal. Work this short term plan to achieve your long term yearly plan. If you fall short in 5 days work 6 or 7 that week. Lynks process claims within two - three weeks. If you submit your claims daily, it will only take a couple of weeks to achieve a steady income deposited into your bank account.

Secondly, start investing after a few months in some professional equipment. Your image is your business card to thousands walking by watching. A $70 uv bubble will pay for itself by creating couriosity, which creates questions and leads to jobs. Use a hood shield. People want to know that your not going to scratch thier vehicle. Basically, look like a legitimate business and a professional that will be around if they experiance problems in the future.

Lastly, deversify! Sign up with the networks, call on dealerships, drive through a truck stop and visit the drivers lounge and ask if anyone needs a repair and create pull tab sheets to hang in grocery stores and auto parts stores. Ask family members to hang business cards and tab sheets on bulletin boards where they work. A lot of restraunts have boards where you can hang a business card. Carry a box of thumb tacks in your vehicle and hang your card everywhere you go.

I guess I should of mentioned this first, attend delta's training class!

Sorry for the ramble. Work smarter not harder!

Good luck!
GGWSR

Post by GGWSR »

Hello...stop at dealerships, leave your business card with a handwritten "free demo" repair offer on the back. It's worked for me...anything free to a dealership makes one jump...if you do great repair work at a reasonable cost you will be asked to return.