Will Delta offer sample Resins?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
blaneblair

re: the spring activation on the injector...

Post by blaneblair »

I am wondering about some of the other resins out there.. I have been using GM Resins and I am thus far very pleased with them..
I am always willing to improve so if someone really believes in another brand.. I would love to try it out.. Anything to insure Lasting Quality Repairs. I have noticed with alot of custmrs that have already had one chip fixed that the pit is sometimes worn away to some degree. ... Of course they wouldnt know what kind of resins were used but I hope that they were very old and from another Era because I waranty for Life...
B.B.
drfixachip

Post by drfixachip »

If I might make a suggestion... (No offense to our fine host Delta Kits... Much thanks and appreciation to you guys!) :D

Give Esprit resin a try... http://www.esprit-usa.com/info.htm
>>check the sample box and fill out the form.

I have been using Esprit resin for quite some time now and I swear by it. One resin for all
applications. Yes you can repair every type of damage with one thin resin.

I have found that it's clarity, penetration and adhesion properties are superior to any resin
I have ever used. It is also extrmemely durable... I also offer my clients a limetime gaurantee so
my repairs have to last... And they do!

It may very well be the most expensive resin on the market... But I have found it to be the best there is.
That's what I want to give my clients... the best! So the best they get! :D

Understand... I am not knocking Delta resins... They are extemely good and they would serve your clients well.

...Just wanted to offer an option since you are wanting to try new resin... Try them all and see which one works the best for you.

8)

BTW... no I do not work for Esprit in any way, shape, form or fashion... I just swear by their resin. I use it exlusively in my business.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

sample Resins

Post by Delta Kits »

Yes you can repair every type of damage with one thin resin.
Couldn't agree more :)

Yes we offer resin samples, just fill out this form.
Delta Kits, Inc.
larry

Client Base?

Post by larry »

drfixachip, how does Esprit's pit filler weather, and do you use the one resin in 10 degree weather? I don't think the industry has come up with a good pit filler that tolerates weathering well or works well on large pits. Why is their resin more expensive, do they use better chemicals
drfixachip

Training

Post by drfixachip »

Larry...

Q) "how does Esprit's pit filler weather"
A) Extremely well... Does not yellow or flake out... even on larger pits.

Q) "do you use the one resin in 10 degree weather?"
A) Well... it doesn't get that cold very often in the southeastern US.
BUT it is extremely thin... I have no problem using it on the rare occasion
that it gets down to the 20s

Here is the info from Esprit:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Esprit resins has a cP between 6 and 8*.

This very thin viscosity enables the resin to penetrate into the tightest legs of a starbreak, yet remain very flexible and extremely strong.

*Water = 1.002 cP
Olive Oil = 84 cP"
Esprits FAQ page http://www.esprit-usa.com/faq_esprit.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say it should flow well in the cold climates as well.

Q) Why is their resin more expensive, do they use better chemicals
A) Good question... I am afraid that I don't know enough about WSR resin
manufacturing to answer in a technical manner... Email Steve info@esprit-usa.com

My personal reasons for paying the $$ they ask for it are as follows:
1) Best flowing resin I have ever used (reducing vac/pressure cycles)
2) Extremely reliable in many situations (even in slighlty contaminated chips)
3) Moisture tolerant
4) Remains flexible yet incredibly strong... it dos not fail, yellow or crack
5) Injectorless crack repair... <---very nice! And no need to pop a bulleye on cracks 6" or less!
6) Flows so well you rarely need to drill a hole...This leaves ultra clean reapirs. (no drill mark)
7) Will fill extended leg (1" or so) on a star from the impact point... quickly
8) Better...FASTER repairs with awsome clarity.
9) Easy, clean tool box. One resin for everything (except pit fill of course). Never waste time wondering which "CPS" resin to use OR trying to read the worn out labels.
10) Field bottle designed for use with a blunt syringe... this allows precise measurement and less wasted resin
11) Racetrack proven... If it holds up under the rigors and stress of racing it'll darn sure hold up on the street.

wew... I think that covers most of it. Yes it is the most expensive stuff on the market...
But even at their prices you still only spend pennies per repair. Plus your clients will think you are the best when you let them know that you only use top quality imported resin! :lol: My clients appreciate the fact that I spend 3x more on resin than the competition... They realize that I really do care about their safety and not just out to "make a fast buck".

Hope you find this reply helpful.
gold star wsr

Insurance billing

Post by gold star wsr »

Do you use the same resin for long crack repair too? (I define long crack as anything over 3")
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

oops, I see that you already answered that question in your post. :oops:
WRS

Post by WRS »

I've used both Espirit & Delta resins, as well as MANY other brands.

I use Delta resins. I pride myself on excellent repairs, and would only use Espirit or Delta.

I have been doing repairs (including cracks up to 18 inches) with Delta resins for many years, and have not had one single repair crack out or yellow. It fills great and has amazing clarity.

I tried Espirit resins not too long ago, thinking that since they were so much more expensive, they had to be better. They seemed to work just fine, but certainly no better than Delta's. So, in any case, I think for quality you can't go wrong with either Delta or Espirit, but I just can't see spending the extra money for Espirit when I couldn't even tell the difference.

Just my two cents! :)
gold star wsr

Re: Espirit

Post by gold star wsr »

Food for thought: This is not meant to demean Esprit in any way. Their resin must be good or they would not receive so many fine testimonials. But, we must remember that a substantial portion of the price we pay for imported items is not for the product itself, but goes instead toward the shipping, taxes and other fees involved in the import/export industry. Esprit may cost 3X what domestic resin costs, but that does not necessarily mean it is 3X better, even though it is a very good resin.
Jeremiahswindshieldrepair

Re:

Post by Jeremiahswindshieldrepair »

I certainly know nothing about resins other than I have gone through dozens of liter bottles of it myself. I know nothing of the make-up of it though. All that to say that I have had very good luck with Delta Kits resins. Both pit filler and regular resins. They use 1 resin for all applications. Which means no crack resin and bullseye resin and whatever else these guys try to con you into buying as seperate items to get more money out of you. I am sure Esprit is a similar resin to Delta Kits but with the pricing you can get domestically it seems a waste to buy it elsewhere.

just my 2 cents :)