Stubborn Legs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Stubborn Legs

Post by screenman »

Could be a problem but unlikely there are many others.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Age alone is not a cause for concern, but the older the break the more chance of having contamination that can cause a break to not fill properly, but I'm with screenman, I doubt the age of the break had much to do with the legs not filling in properly.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Sylvi

Post by Sylvi »

Dear List Members.

I have two Glass repairs trained under me for last two years one person who is a very talented person does repairs of star cracks with stubborn legs only drilling the middle of the crack where the stone had stuck half way and inject resin to the crack if resin do not travel till the end of the leg he gives a gentle tap for a bout five minutes on to the glass from top side of the glass starting from leg side about two inches to words the leg end and come closer to about 1/3 of a inch with different tap pressures. If still resin do not run go to the opposite of the star leg and do the tapping. some times he give little heat from a hair drier from top and inside of the windshield glass this helps to do a very good repair but this method will take some time.Some times this will remain a Daisy Eye because resin will run into the glass PVB. Repair time will be 45 Minutes
The other Glass repairer who works for me do repairs of all types of cracks by drilling half way on the glass and make a small bulls eye by tapping on the hole what he had drilled with a 2 mm drill bit this bulls eye gives the opening for the resin to run on to the entire crack very quickly.Repair time will be 20 Minutes.

Please all new Windshield repair members should remember more you do repairs you will gain how to do a good repair as far as I now do very little repairs because I am 65 years old having real estate income and blessed by God with good health ability to do a glass polish with the 'Novus' Glass polishing machine only one of my Glass repairer can handle this machine as it is a very difficult job to do. I get this two persons to do repairs. We still use all Novus Equipment which I brought down from 'NOVUS' in MM USA IN 1992. INJECTOR is WASHED Rubber seal removed washed twice a day AFTER REPAIR WITH Acetone and dry up SEAL FITTED BACK INTO THE INJECTOR. Piston is kept without entering to the Injector with this method I have used one Injector for more than a 75 repairs
Injector rubber seal will keep in good condition if it is washed and dried every day . This helps to do a good repair As I have mentioned in last year I am the person who originated Windshield repair to Srilanka and few others came to the field to do Windshield Glass repairs but all failed due to poor Quality repairs.

I should Thank "NOVUS" for giving me a Very good Franchise training and specially Windshield Polishing which no one has a Machine if the features of 'NOVUS' machine has as the final result of the polish will remain no RIPPLES on the Windshield Glass.

I hope i have not taken lot of your valuable time and written out of the topic but fact remain is I am not in USA and doing a USA invented method in this Third world country.

Sylvester.
(Srilanka)