On-Windshield Advertisement Cards

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: On-Windshield Advertisement Cards

Post by Brent Deines »

Loren,

You have to post 10 times to earn PM privileges, but I can pass your e-mail address on to dgarza for you if you would like.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Ed Quirk

Post by Ed Quirk »

Brent,

Will you please also pass my information on to dgarza. His success is hard to argue with.

Ed
Chip Happens
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Ed Quirk;31984 wrote:Brent,

Will you please also pass my information on to dgarza. His success is hard to argue with.

Ed
Chip Happens
Done.

Please don't forget to follow sgailey's advice as well, and check your local municipal code website. http://www.municode.com/Resources/OnlineLibrary.asp

Every city and state is different. For long term success be sure you follow all local, state, and federal laws. Remember too, that parking lots are private property, so the property owner has the right to set the rules for how you behave on that property. I'm a big fan of always getting permission for doing anything on someone else's property. It lends credibility to your business, and helps avoid sticky situations.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

From our experience in the UK this is a complete waste of time and money as well as upsetting a lot of people and liitering the surrounding area with thrown away leaflets.Get out there and sell it is the only way, do not rely on a piece of paper being your voice, try Coistering it is by far and away the best method for results in the retail market.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
Windshield Doc

Post by Windshield Doc »

Maybe a dumb question but what is coinstering
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Coitstering is a term created in honor of a once very active windshield repair forum member, David Coit, who gained a lot of recognition for his unique and very successful marketing techniques.

David offered a great deal of free information to his fellow windshield repair technicians, and personally trained quite a number of those who were willing to ride with him for a day or two.

I don't know that David's approach is for everyone, but I will say that I have not had anyone who has tried it tell me that it didn't work, and that's a pretty good endorsement.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Brent Deines;31998 wrote:Coitstering is a term created in honor of a once very active windshield repair forum member, David Coit, who gained a lot of recognition for his unique and very successful marketing techniques.

David offered a great deal of free information to his fellow windshield repair technicians, and personally trained quite a number of those who were willing to ride with him for a day or two.

I don't know that David's approach is for everyone, but I will say that I have not had anyone who has tried it tell me that it didn't work, and that's a pretty good endorsement.
Is this information still available through the archives?
Windshield Doc

Post by Windshield Doc »

What were some of his marketing techs?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Go to top of your windshield repair forum page and click on "Search". It's the third button from the right at the top of the page. Then type in Coit, or Coitster, and choose to search either threads or posts. This will bring up a number of threads and posts that David was involved with. You may also want to try other key works like marketing, etc.

You can also use the search tool on top left of the Delta Kits home page. You will get some of the same results, but it works a bit differently, and you can usually get a little better idea of the subject matter.

Another way is to click on the "Member List" at the top of the page, third from the left and search for Coitster. When his name appears click on the "Find posts" button, which will bring up all of David's posts or try this short cut. search.php?searchid=50044

It will take some time, but I think you will find it worthwhile. I would like to think David still lurks on the windshield repair forum from time to time, so maybe if we talk about him enough his ears will start burning and he will honor us with a personal appearance.

How about it Coitster, are you out there?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Thanks Brent!