On-Windshield Advertisement Cards

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
starstruck

Re: On-Windshield Advertisement Cards

Post by starstruck »

Apparently you just like to dog others with your comments, don't you harrell?

Why do you do that? Does it somehow make you feel good?
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Nomad

Another thing I do with the snowbirds is: They have their forums that they talk on also as you may know being a snow bird (I think). They will say who to go to and who to stay away from. I tell them to let there freinds know if you liked the work I done or not at the RV park and the town they were in and who to go to...... ME, with phone if posable

We can not solicit on their forums, but they can put in a good word for us...

We have a SKP out here and it paid off on one of the visitors two weeks ago that I do know of..

Take advantege of there forums with out being on it.
kenb81
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by kenb81 »

scott890;
Usually on a normal day you get about 10 customers and out of 10 usually 7 will get it done But each day is different and it depends just how many tags go out. Many just put them in their pocket and drive to you when they have more time.
tooldini

Post by tooldini »

it is totally not worth it were I am in michigan. I used to leave cards on hundreds of cars never got a call it is not worth the risk and I did have some guy call me and kept yelling at me LOL it was kinda funny really. DON'T BOTHER MAN IT WON'T BE WORTH YOUR TROUBLE
sgailey

Post by sgailey »

Yep, starstruck was right, some states do have strict ordinances against placing handbills, or leafleting on people's vehicles.

If anyone is curious about restriction ordinances their area you can check on the Municode Website. Select your state & city and run a search for "handbills".

Fortunate there are none in my city. :)
starstruck

Post by starstruck »

Hey guys, don't let harrell see you agreeing with me! lol
windshield

Post by windshield »

I dont place anything without the car owner autorization.One windshield repair company sale Chip Seal Patches to place over the stones chips.The company describe the patches as being a great advertising tool, will help keep fresh breaks free of moisture and contamination.For me after place chip seal patches to many cars in my country i risk of taking many cold calls and being involved with problems .In my opinion all depends on what kind of people live in your area.My location is in Puerto Rico,just imagine.Here in the island i can place sign boards on some posts(wood,steel and cement).Signs from 2'x2' to even 5' x 8' without any payment to the goverment.This is illegall here but the agencies really dont care about that.When i was in florida i never see something similar.I believe the laws in florida are much more strict with public signs.Someone who live in a state or city with similar "benefits" like i have on my island please let me know.Thanks for the attention.Good luck
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Wow; Thanks GT, I never thought of that but will do so in the future. Thanks again.
dgarza

Post by dgarza »

This is in no way a post to prove anybody right or wrong. It is simply facts that have worked for over 4 years for me.

Sgailey,
Your method looks promising. I do think you will get more call backs than just leaving a standard business card but I think you would receive 99.9% call backs using my method. I have been doing it since I started and about 60-80% of my business comes from it. It involves a simple note and is similar to Nomads note but IMO more affective. I cannot put it on here per the request of the tech that told it to me 4 years ago but would be happy to tell you (or anybody else) through a private message.

Here are some facts about the notes I leave on windshields:
1st, these do produce jobs, AND LOTS OF THEM!

2nd, they do not produce liability issues. I have probably left thousands of these notes and not once been involved in a liability issue as it would be very difficult to prove. Out of all the notes I have left only 2 people have found damage to their car thinking I did it and one of them was an insurance company! As soon as I explain to them what my note was for they understand and move on. Most people are glad to know their car is not damaged and usually want a windshield repair. Also, I have never been accused of making the rock chip on the windshield myself.

3rd, yes, sometimes you will get mad individuals, but the % of this is very low. Maybe 1 in 100 people will be upset that you have decided to use this form of advertisement. These individuals are comical as they see fit to tell you how to run your business as well. Here is what I usually hear from them: “you might want to use your business cards from now on because my wife thought somebody hit her car or was trying to stalk her”. To these people I just kindly say “thanks for the advice, but I like my current method of advertising better as it produces 99.9% more revenue than just leaving a business card.”! They usually just grumble and hang up. No harm done. Again these people are a very small % of the call backs.
I have never had anybody get mad that I have put “something” on their car. The way I feel about that is if you don’t like people touching your vehicle then don’t take it out of your garage.

4th, local security will sometimes get in the way. My favorite places to leave these notes are business complexes and these often have local security for them. I especially like the ones with lots of cars. Again, the chances of security seeing you do this and coming to speak with you is very low, maybe 1 in 10 places. The few times security has come to talk to me it has been no big deal. Most of them just say you can’t do this here and I say ok thanks and move on. Some (after explaining what I’m doing) have actually let me stay! My guess is they realize it’s really no big deal and I have presented myself in a professional manner so they feel safe letting me continue especially if I tell them I have already done a repair there. Also many of the places I get kicked out of I go back a year later and start over and security never says anything. I live close to Tulsa, OK and this is mainly were I do this. I have yet to hit all the businesses in 4 years now so there is plenty of work to be found with this method in any city.

5th, the issue of Wal-Mart. I do leave notes at different Wal-Mart’s and have only once got a call from a store manager telling me I couldn’t do it. I politely said ok and went back to leaving notes there about a month later and have never received another call. I think the only reason I got called is because a cart boy saw me and told.

6th, you have to have a good sales pitch to sell this when they call. I do not use my company name when I answer the phone as I believe most people would just hang up. If anybody wants to know what my notes say or want to hear my sales pitch and some more tips on how to handle the phone calls just PM me and I would be happy to help.

So to those of you who have tried leaving business cards and never get call backs I suggest you try this if you want more business and you think you can sell it. My main point to this long winded post is: DO NOT GET DISCURAGED BY PEOPLE TELLING YOU THIS WONT WORK OR IT IS TOO RISKY! I am proof it does work and not that risky at all. Again this is not to put down anybody in this post for not wanting to do this; it’s just my experience and facts on the matter so don’t try an get into slap fight with me in here cause I wont bite.
loren

Post by loren »

[quote="dgarza;30397"] I cannot put it on here per the request of the tech that told it to me 4 years ago but would be happy to tell you (or anybody else) through a private message.

Being brand new to this forum and never having posted before, I tried to PM you to request this information, but apparently don't have PM authorization yet. I'm in a new part of the country (to me) and need all the start-up help I can get. Will you ple-e-e-ze PM me with the info? Thank you!!!