On-Windshield Advertisement Cards

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: On-Windshield Advertisement Cards

Post by Coitster »

Well hello everyone,
Been a long time since I posted on the forum. Most of you will probably be happy to know that I still go out everyday and sell chips in business complex's. BTW DGarza, I am glad the note technique I showed you is still working. I don't use that anymore because I was tired of all the phone work but WOW does it work as you have proven. :eusa_danc

As for the original posting of this thread, I do like the approach he is using. I have done cards and flyers but those never work. That one might actualy do it, I don't know. I sure hope everyone is doing ok. :smile:
David Coit
Coitster
Glass
screenman

Post by screenman »

Good to know you are still enjoying the business and I hope life is treating you well, more posts from you would be most welcome. It is always good to have your experience in sales and marketing on board.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

Hey David, I took someone's advice and went Coistering and was blown away with the marketing techniques you have shared. Since learning of your "fame" I have been on this forum nightly searching for more of your practical ideas.
Can you recommend any good books on sale and marketing?
And I agree more post from you would be great. Thanks for sharing your expertise and knowledge.
SGT

Post by SGT »

Coitster;32021 wrote:Well hello everyone,
Been a long time since I posted on the forum. Most of you will probably be happy to know that I still go out everyday and sell chips in business complex's. BTW DGarza, I am glad the note technique I showed you is still working. I don't use that anymore because I was tired of all the phone work but WOW does it work as you have proven. :eusa_danc

As for the original posting of this thread, I do like the approach he is using. I have done cards and flyers but those never work. That one might actualy do it, I don't know. I sure hope everyone is doing ok. :smile:
David Coit
Coitster

I talk you on the phone more than I see you on the forum but it is nice to see you dropping in. Stick around as you are a valuble asset to the members of this forum.

Give me a hollar when you get a chance. Oh by the way, I will take two with the works!:smile:
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

WOW,
there are so many good books on marketing. It really comes down to what you are wanting to learn. The only problem for what we do their isn't really anything out there that would help you. The one thing that I would say is do a search on the internet for a guy named Ron Cinron. He has a wsr marketing manual that works. I don't make it anymore but I am sure he still has some copies for sale. He doesn't advertise it, it works great.

Hey Brian, will do man. ;)
David Coit
Coitster
Glass
GlasWeldTech

Post by GlasWeldTech »

Coitster,
I will also take 2 with the works. Brian has filled me in on ya lately. Good to hear you are still around and making money. I will second the Ron Cinron manuals as that is what we bought when we started. Well worth the money. Good to hear from ya Bro.
Windshield Doc

Post by Windshield Doc »

Coitster,
I sent you a private message. Let me know if you got it.
Thanks
kentcrossfit
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by kentcrossfit »

tooldini wrote:it is totally not worth it were I am in michigan. I used to leave cards on hundreds of cars never got a call it is not worth the risk and I did have some guy call me and kept yelling at me LOL it was kinda funny really. DON'T BOTHER MAN IT WON'T BE WORTH YOUR TROUBLE
No person shall deposit, cast, throw, attach or distribute any handbill, as hereinabove defined, on, in, or upon any street or sidewalk, any motor vehicle parked or in motion.

(b) This section shall not be deemed or construed to prohibit or restrict the distribution of written or printed matter devoted to the expression of views, opinions, beliefs or contentions relating to religious, political or sociological subjects, or to public or civic affairs, or to labor disputes or other controversies, or to community, state, regional, national or international affairs, or which treat of any social or economic order, or which relate to the arts or sciences; or which are aimed to redress any grievance, or which otherwise are not distributed for the purpose of soliciting business, trade or custom; nor shall the terms of subsection (a) be deemed to include the printed notice of an event which is not arranged for profit or to stimulate the business, trade, or traffic of the person who causes the dissemination of the notice, even though a monetary admission fee be requested or accepted in connection with such event

Looks like I can't do it here lol
screenman

Post by screenman »

Go for the bigger picture, retail is expensive work.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

Good morning sgailey. That looks good. It never hurts to try something different. You will get the pros and cons when you come to this site, so expect it. There are areas that prohibit flyers, signs etc... There are people that are very touchy with there vehicle and those that are looking for a lawsuit, or out of court payment. Just beware of all these things that are out there. Sometimes you just have to take a chance to be successful. Use caution and make sound judgement calls the best you can. Its the blink of an eye between winning or losing in the market place these days. What may work for you may not for others, but at least you try. There is knowledge in each new method or attempt to market your business. You have everything to gain from attempting and not surrendering to a failure attitude. I target parking lots at times and place a card only on those that need my service. The results may be low but I accomplished a few things. I get my business out there and I just educated someone to the fact that it can be repaired, instead of replaced at a fraction of the cost of new. Educate your community. You will be surprised how many people dont know it can be repaired.