Big Trucks

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Big Trucks

Post by Mr Bill »

What is a typical rate for chip repair on a big truck, like a Peterbuilt or Kenworth?
How does this compare to the rate for a car?
Glassdoc

Re: Big Trucks

Post by Glassdoc »

If its a split windshield they can usually get one side replaced for $140 total. I charge $75 to do one shot or $100 to do 2.. If its a solid window like the new International's the windshield runs $260, plus labor (2 guys) to put it in.
starstruck

Post by starstruck »

I charge $70 first, $10 additional on all big trucks that require opening the hood and standing on the tire or frame.
tooldini

Post by tooldini »

You will get dirty LOL thats for sure. I just got an insurance referral for a Kenworth. Of course I ended up all greasy and dirty.
Bois

Post by Bois »

Independent truck drivers are having a hard time with diesel fuel being so high. So, I usually cut them a break and charge my going car/PU rate of $40. I use to charge $25 but not any more with MY gasoline costs up.

By the way, I'm now adding $5 for each 10 mile increment after the first 25 miles one-way (except on insurance referrals).
Dale...
No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong.