A \"Dry Compound\" Based Scratch Removal System??

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Glassdoc
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

A "Dry Compound" Based Scratch Removal System??

Post by Glassdoc »

Has anyone heard of this system? I won't mention the manufacturer but the system is called scratch pro. 4 step scratch, acid rain, graffiti removal system with very little liquid use at all (per the video). Also does not look like it generates the heat like GW's system does (again per the video as they show being used on a sliding patio door and the tech does not check for overheating). Just curious if any of you have witnessed or own this system.. Saw a franchise ad on craigslist. The guy claims to be the "glass guru" of scratches.
christiaan

Re: A "Dry Compound" Based Scratch Removal System??

Post by christiaan »

I purchased this kit from them. You are right in that it does not use much liquid. The final polish stage does not create a huge mess like the compound based polishing.
I will say though that it does create alot of heat and you will distort the glass if you are not careful. I attempted 5 or 6 scratches of varying depths using the grinding pads and got distortion with each one. I also ended up getting alot of tiny deep scratches from the edges of the grinding pads that were extremely difficult and time consuming to remove.
I was told that my results would improve with each repair but I did not purchase any more equipment from them. I have decided to stay with just polishing light scratches and any deeper scratches to just pass on.
You can just purchase the individual components from the kit to "try" it out they dont require you to purchase the whole kit.
One kit you might try too is glassrenu they have a similar "dry" kit which I have heard is pretty good too.
Hope this helps
Glassdoc
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: A "Dry Compound" Based Scratch Removal System??

Post by Glassdoc »

Interesting... Thanks. I watched the video 3 times, could not fathom how or why no heat was built up especially on such thin glass.. Now, I know..