Magnifier

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
thegriffin

Magnifier

Post by thegriffin »

Anyone tried using a magnifying glass to inspect your repair and did it help you to make good repairs even better..?
Guelster

Re: Magnifier

Post by Guelster »

I am not saying a magnifying glass is a bad idea but would it magnify the UV light as well & dry the resin faster?
ProView WR

Post by ProView WR »

I use the magnifying mirror from delta kits. It really makes the repair alot larger looking from the outside so you can really see the resin travel through the break and the remaining air bubbles. I don't attribute it to better quality repairs, but I am glad I have one and won't go back to a regular mirror.
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

I just bought one a few months ago(Delta) and they work great.

I dont think a magnifying glass would hasten the curing for the resin unless your using it like a kid burning ants LOL..hey I wonder if you could use one to dry out a damaged area???Think about how hot they get on a sunny day !! off the wall I know LOL
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I find mine a useful addition too the tool kit, also it helps when training to show guys the complexities of some breaks.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I use reading glasses
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

GlassStarz;31457 wrote:I use reading glasses
yep LOL me too
rowdy13

Post by rowdy13 »

If you will go to the Dollar Store, you can buy all kinds of Powers of glasses. For regular reading, I get the 1.25. When I started practicing windshield repair, I went back to the Dollar Store and bought several different "powers" of glasses, all the way up to 3.0. 3.0 mangifies the heck out of it, and you can see it perfectly, BUT, you have to change back to regular power. when I am using the 3.0, if I look away from the repair, I get dizzy, and it upsets my stomach a little, but for me, its better than using a magnifying glass. Plus they are only a dollar. And no, I cant ride the roller coasters at Disney Land. I cant even watch them or I'll get sick.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

johnnyone

Post by johnnyone »

No, I dont use a magnifier glass.
I had a inexpensive pair of bionaculars come apart in my traveling case. The big end of the bionaculars has a large magnifier glass which I carry in my kit.
Don't use it a lot but it comes in handy now and then.
Bullseye WSR