Accreditations

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
ChampionCHIP,wsr
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Accreditations

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

now thats what i'm thinking also. can't agree more especially with you last part.

paul
RVB

Post by RVB »

Well, I decided to go ahead and take the test. I passed and I am now certified. The test really doesn't focus on the windshield repair by itself. There are several questions on organizations standards (ridicu...)If you are thinking about spending money to take the test to be ceritified....don't.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Im considering starting my own Diploma mill for WR have you fill out a short test of basic knowledge and when I recieve your check for $125 I will send you a nice frameable certificate from Big Mikes School of Windshield Repair
Obviosly I am making light of the varios organizations that offer acredidation my feeling is if you attend a manufactors training its the only current valid certificate out there the rest are just paper
windshieldwiz

Post by windshieldwiz »

GlassStarz wrote:Im considering starting my own Diploma mill for WR have you fill out a short test of basic knowledge and when I recieve your check for $125 I will send you a nice frameable certificate from Big Mikes School of Windshield Repair
Obviosly I am making light of the varios organizations that offer acredidation my feeling is if you attend a manufactors training its the only current valid certificate out there the rest are just paper
Nicley stated.........The guy that ran enron into gound had a PHD.......certifications for the most part seem to be for the ego...
My certifications come from previous customer...as in dam that is a great job...
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Well, what can I say? In my opinion most of these accreditations/certificates are just to keep a whole industry busy, because that is what it is; an industry. A BIG money industry. But what did it bring to us, our business, our customers and to our communities? The answer is; not much at all! Look at Belron....they have so much money, they can buy all the crap certificates they desire. But why would that be needed? To make a point that they are an honest and caring business in general (not), to tell the insurance companies that they pracktise fair business (not) and to tell the customers that they perform proper repairs (not)? It are companies like insurers, financials and Belron that make the certicates crap, useless, not even worth the paper their printed on. There used to be a person in Germany (2nd WW) who used to say; the more lies you tell the people, and the more you repeat those lies, the more people are willing to believe your lies.
There you go.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I understand that some of you have issues with certain companies, but this is not the place to bash anyone. I know that many of you would really like to air complaints here, and I would often like to have a place to air a few of my own complaints, but I am convinced that the reason this forum has been a success when other windshield repair forums have not, is because we try to keep things on the positive side here.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.