Texas Sales Tax on WR?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
WIN-1

Hmm.....

Post by WIN-1 »

Does our service fall under auto repair or other state taxable services?
Ken
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

Ken,
Nope, no sales tax on windshield repair in Texas.
David
Coitster
Glass
glasman

marketing

Post by glasman »

is there sales on windshield repair in south carolina
auto glass repair
boyd

Post by boyd »

Here's the law in TN. I think it's pretty standard. Sales tax is charged when their is "an exchange of goods". There is no tax on labor. Noone is buying anything from you. They are not buying the resin etc ... Just like a man cutting your yard ...... no sales tax. Only exhanged goods.

I've had this conversation with many people and they call the tax off ice and I am right. I had it with a man who came to my house to repair my washing machine. He charged 89.00. The part was only 12.00. He charged me sales tax on the 89 plus the 12. I said no. You only charge on the 12.
He called the tax office. He had been collecting unneccesary tax for years.

BOYD
Coitster

heat

Post by Coitster »

Hey Boyd,
I hate to bring this up, but lots of people will charge you tax on labor when they are not supposed to and they pocket the money. Thats what that guy was trying to do I bet. Most people don't even question it when you charge them tax, even if it's on labor. People just don't stop and think about it, its a way lots of people make extra money. Then they only report the tax they charged on labor. :(
David
Coitster
Glass