Anyone having collection problems with Lynx lately?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
RVB
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Anyone having collection problems with Lynx lately?

Post by RVB »

I have noticed payments taking a lot longer to be made.
patriotwsr

Re: Anyone having collection problems with Lynx lately?

Post by patriotwsr »

I'm averaging 13-16 days for mine to be direct deposited into my business account. It's been mostly State Farm lately.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Hi , If you are having late payments or not getting any work via LYNX or Gerber you should check to see if your Insurance Liability is up to date via matrix?? you may find that if you do not change the date there will be no work?? sent over to you-----Also regarding Matrix if you would like to increase your population area coverd in the matrix system turn to the page for-- Towns and zip Code by TICKING the box for "O" POPULATION you can increase your population of coverage-then press the box at the bottom of the page -- I was advised by Lynx of this method to increase your coverage??????????????l
Layne

Post by Layne »

Lynx seems to have slowed the processing to a crawl here lately. This is the slowest I have seen. My insurance has been updated. My last week's submission has neither been accepted nor rejected. Looks like the economy is affecting their operations.
SGT

Post by SGT »

Lynx processing has never been great but it appears to be consistant for me. For those who still expect paper checks, if you switch to EFT your payment will be quicker. If you are getting your payments in 30 days or less that is good. I think it is common place for companies to operate on Net 30 terms. Of course we want payment immediatley.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

Since I switched to EFT my invoices have always been paid within 10 to 12 days. I just checked todays payment and it still up to date. Sounds like you have a problem. Contact Lynx and ask them how to fix it.
fishing1

Post by fishing1 »

Do most of you use lynx? I guess my real question is......is is necessary to use lynx and safelite.......and e direct? the insurance issues are difficult o understand for new guy. Thanks in advance for any responses. jerry new to wr in ms...
Layne

Post by Layne »

I have sent an inquiry to Lynx through the e-mail. No reply yet to that either. Maybe one of their contact hubs flows through the northeast?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I think is is difficult to do a lot of insurance work without using Lynx and Safelite, and I would say most windshield repair technicians also use Harmon. eDirectGlass is something entirely different. They provide a service that allows you to electronically send your invoices to third party administrators like Lynx and Safelite. There are many other services that also allow you to do this as well such as ACT, DataTranz, and GlassComp. It pays to shop around, not only for price, but to find the best fit for your business model. I should also point out that you can submit claims directly through Safelite's website, in which case you avoid paying any additional charges. Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge Lynx and Harmon do not offer direct claims submission through their websites at this time.

We can help you figure out what service is best for you based on your business model if you want to give us a call.

We may want to create a new topic or create a poll for this, but it would be interesting to see what percentage of claims forum users sent to the various TPAs, and also which service, if any, they use to submit claims electronically. Would anyone like to see polls created for this kind of information?

fishing1 wrote:Do most of you use lynx? I guess my real question is......is is necessary to use lynx and safelite.......and e direct? the insurance issues are difficult o understand for new guy. Thanks in advance for any responses. jerry new to wr in ms...
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Roo

Post by Roo »

Brent Deines wrote:We may want to create a new topic or create a poll for this, but it would be interesting to see what percentage of claims forum users sent to the various TPAs, and also which service, if any, they use to submit claims electronically. Would anyone like to see polls created for this kind of information?
I would definitely like to see that! I agree with fishing that the whole process can be rather confusing, I am still trying to figure it all out. I would love to see someone outline the whole process from 2 diff. scenarios.

First one being insurance company sends you an assignment and the second being you are out in the field and get your own customer that has comprehensive insurance. I would like to know do you call Lynx or the customers insurance company? Do you give your customer a signed copy of invoice on the spot? I was thinking I would use this opportunity to tell them I would email them a copy so if they ever needed the receipt it would be easy to find and be electronic, plus I would get their email at the same time and be able to keep in touch via internet and help reduce costs by not having to purchase multipart invoices.