glassweld

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
vabit2000

glassweld

Post by vabit2000 »

has anyone had experience with glassweld system it looks good and makes sense about not contaminating resins does any one have an opinion on this it is though quite expensive what makes delta better I currently have a old repair kit and am looking to up grade
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: glassweld

Post by screenman »

Upgrade to a newer Delta system,does as good if not better repairs than everything I have tried in 20 years. Also if you went on their forum and asked the same question about Delta there you would as likely not get chucked off. I made a comment on there about a before and after picture which they were proud of, that honestly was very poor and I have been chucked off.

When people start to think about these things it will get better. I believe the Glass-weld idea is that you create a vacuum to help evacuate moisture, now when you create this vacuum you have a complete sealed vessel which includes the area inside the chip, so my question is how does the moisture know you only want it to stay in one half, short of taking ths vehicle and trning it upside down I do not know. Come on Glas-weld guys enlighten me.

If this is a stupid question I ask then I would rather be stupid for a minute than ignorant for the rest of my life. Not my line I read it somewhere and I think it is great.
vabit2000

Post by vabit2000 »

thank you very much you were a big help
screenman

Post by screenman »

I apologise for my spellings errors on the other post, sometimes the fingers go quicker than the brain.
GlasWeldTech

Post by GlasWeldTech »

I use Glas Weld and I have 10 of the injectors as I do mostly fleet work. Works for anything I have came across in 10 years of business. I have never tried anything else as I haven't had a need to. They are pricey, well constructed, and have good service. This has been discussed many many times here if you would search. You are about to open up a can of worms here with a post like this.

Kind of like Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge. Or what kind of oil is the best to use. Everyone here has an opinion and thinks what they use is the best. ANy good tech could probably do a good job with any brand of injector out there. You have to decide what is best for you and what you can afford to put into a new business. Not trying to be harsh on you but lots of factors here.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Vabit,

GlasWeldTech is right about this one. It's unfortunate, but there is just no fair way to make repair system comparisons on this board. Contrary to popular belief most windshield repair forum members are not Delta Kits customers, and have very different opinions than I do. While they are welcome to their opinions this discussion always comes down to a matter of opinion.

Although I disagree with GlasWeldTech on a lot of things, I do respect his opinion, however since I have the final word on this forum I have him at a disadvantage. It's not a fair debate to have on this forum as I will not allow something to be said that my research has proven to be false, but GlasWeldTech and others who disagree with me do not have the authority to disallow things that they don't believe to be true.

Please understand that does not mean I agree with everything that is stated on the windshield repair forum. Frankly I disagree with a great deal of what others post, but try to be as fair as I can about allowing the opinions of others as long as I don't feel it is bad for the industry as a whole.

One thing I think GlasWeldTech and I can agree on is that it pays to do your homework, and you should always ask for a money back guarantee in writing regardless of the system you purchase. I think that we can also agree that you should be trained by the company that produces the system you purchase, and take the majority of your advice from that company for best results.

You might ask forum members to send you a PM about this topic to hear their opinions. Many people on this board have used multiple systems and can give you their opinions about the features and benefits of each system they have used. Also ask how many have received formal training and by which companies, keeping in mind that they will almost always prefer the system that they have received the most training on.

If you narrow your choices down to two systems but still cannot decide, purchase both, take the training from both, and then return the system you don't feel is the best. Delta Kits will give you 100% of your money back if you don't choose our system in this case. Hopefully any other reputable company will have the confidence in their products to make you the same offer.

Good luck!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
engineer

Post by engineer »

Take it from me; this is a question that you really don't want to ask on this forum.
PortMerc

Post by PortMerc »

I think this is a great topic to discuss, especially for me since I am looking to purchase a kit of my own. I am currently using the Delta kit at work but would like my own for my own business.

First off, I am on no ones side. I want the best bang for my buck, something that will be dependable while doing great work.
The Glasweld system is freaking expensive. Base kit is over a thousand dollars more than the Delta kit. I've watched several of their Youtube demos and find them slightly over exaggerated and possibly misleading. Not saying that the system isn't pretty cool, I just don't see how it could be so superior as they claim.
The system looks complicated to disassemble and clean. Also has several internal seals to wear out. Am I wrong? Please tell me. My Delta kit is easy as pie to clean in between repairs. There is only ONE seal to fail and it is easily replaced on site with no tools. I have collected over 15K worth of automotive tools in the last ten years and I've learned no matter how much you spend on trying to buy the best it still wears out, breaks,....or worse gets lost/stolen.
So hears my comparison: Delta injector= $100 VS. Glasweld= $260. More than double the price. Delta bridge $288.00 VS. Glasweld $795.00! Again, more than double. Ouch! Hope you don't drop that thing either. Suction cups fail and falls on the hood of an E-class, you'll get bad reps for a while. I can buy two B300's for LESS than 1 Glasweld bridge system. And there's a lot more money to be made if you can double up with two injectors working at one time!
Lastly, I know I am fairly new at the repair business. But I have been replacing Mercedes Benz glass for almost nine years so I know high standards and picky customers. My Delta kit does great work and keeps our Mercedes Benz clients happy.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

I quote your question ''has anyone had experience with glassweld system it looks good and makes sense about not contaminating resins'' here's the reply....
We have invested in many many various systems (except GT) but we use only DK and GW injectors. We also have the new GW G3 injector. As stated before in a previous topic, we do not see any improvement at all when it comes to this new piece and are still questioning the claims made by the manufacturer. It certainly would help if the claims they make were backed up by proper detailed facts, and the basics they were using for the tests they claim -and that would be an easy thing to do by making the relevant details public. Also; I would be more impressed if the claims were researched and be backed up by more than just one lab -and, again, the real details were published. You see; there is research and there is research. You got to understand that the outcome can be manipulated, very easy and in many ways, that is why you really want to know the very basics. Last but not least; this reply is not an advice, it is just my opinion. Also; in my opinion it does not really matter which system you use.....it is the end-result that matters most. I know some people who do very good repairs with darn cheap systems.
Spending a lot of money does not automatically bring better results.
scratchy

Post by scratchy »

The question you need to ask yourself is which system is going to give you the most profitable repairs. I started with another brand and ended up with Delta Kits within 6 months of starting my business and have stayed with Delta since.