In House vs. Mobile

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Crack_King
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: In House vs. Mobile

Post by Crack_King »

I live in Toronto, and people want mobile but i find it easier to convince them to come to me, and if you mention it's cheaper it works out too
Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

You invite, so to speak, the customer to your location. That's fine. Is that because you do not want to (or can not) leave the location? Is it because you have to close the doors for a mobile job or is it because you don't like to do mobile service at all? Last but not least, are you inviting the customer to come to see you at the location all year round, or just rainy and/or cold days? (believe me, I do know the ON winter time....cold 'n wet = bad!)
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Blind Squirrel >>That indeed are very good questions as well. I feel a new topic coming up here. You should start one and grab the credits for it. I for one am prepared to reply and speak out.
adam@gtglass

Post by adam@gtglass »

I can't speak for everyone's market on the forum, but in Durango, CO the mobile operations that get the most business and who's businesses have the most buzz about town are those with full-on vinyl graphics on their everyday vehicles--mobile billboards!

From what I've seen at shows, the process is relatively quick and would be a one-time ad fee--might be worth it...

Anyone out there find that vinyl graphic advertisement wasn't worth it?

Cheers,
Adam D. Duthie
Glass Technology, Inc.
Roo

Post by Roo »

adam@gtglass wrote:I can't speak for everyone's market on the forum, but in Durango, CO the mobile operations that get the most business and who's businesses have the most buzz about town are those with full-on vinyl graphics on their everyday vehicles--mobile billboards!

From what I've seen at shows, the process is relatively quick and would be a one-time ad fee--might be worth it...

Anyone out there find that vinyl graphic advertisement wasn't worth it?

Cheers,

Are you talking about vehicle wraps or just vinyl lettering? I wanted to get a wrap but it was going to be like $3500 for my vehicle, so I just got some magnetic signs for the doors for now.
adam@gtglass

Post by adam@gtglass »

The full wraps seem to be the flashiest and most noticeable, but price is a limiter here. I think that vinyl lettering and magnetic signs are also very effective in smaller areas, especially ones where you see many people in your community every time you're out for a drive. Local painters and Carpet Cleaners in Durango seem to love the full wraps.

I think starting with magnetic and/or vinyl lettering on back glass would still be much better than yellow pages.
Adam D. Duthie
Glass Technology, Inc.