Post your before and after pics here!!!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jkjerde

Post your before and after pics here!!!

Post by jkjerde »

Lets make this thread where we can post our before and after pics of our work.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Post your before and after pics here!!!

Post by t4k »

Great idea...let's see a picture of your first repair.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

I have never been a great fan of ''Before - After'' images, we are fifteen years in this great business and have never used any ''B-A'' images in our marketing. I don't even find it very representative for what we do, this is mainly because all damages are different. The other reason is that I find it a too cheap advertizing method. It may be great for suppliers, to push their sales, making things look easy, I don't know and that's not my business. Nobody should be upset here, but in my opinion ''Before - After'' pics are (again; in my opinion) used by too many people in our trade who cannot even sell the job properly. Just use the appropriate words in your sales pitch and draw a picture in your customers' mind. Use the best possible product, perform the best possible job and you will be just fine.
No images needed.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Frank EU wrote:I have never been a great fan of ''Before - After'' images, we are fifteen years in this great business and have never used any ''B-A'' images in our marketing. I don't even find it very representative for what we do, this is mainly because all damages are different. The other reason is that I find it a too cheap advertizing method. It may be great for suppliers, to push their sales, making things look easy, I don't know and that's not my business. Nobody should be upset here, but in my opinion ''Before - After'' pics are (again; in my opinion) used by too many people in our trade who cannot even sell the job properly. Just use the appropriate words in your sales pitch and draw a picture in your customers' mind. Use the best possible product, perform the best possible job and you will be just fine.
No images needed.
I don't think jkjerde is looking for a "marketing scheme" here, I think he is a newbie looking for "B and A" pictures to help him in quest for the good repair.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

I agree and was aware of the intention. But for that purpose the easiest way is to search the internet, or contact Brent @ DK and ask for those images. Many suppliers advertize/promote their products with Before After pics on their respective web sites (even some auto glass repair /replacement companies out there are using those images). We use our own ''B-A'' images in our company, but exclusively for training purposes. Examples of those pictures were posted a few months ago, here's the link to that post viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4286
Hawaii Guy

Post by Hawaii Guy »

I think its a great idea and is perfect for a web page . As "They" say, " A picture is worth a Thousand words". I already take before and after photos of all my headlight restorations and now I will start taking some pictures of the windshield repairs. Wish I had some already that I could use for the web site I am about to put up. I'm not too proud to share them with you when they come in.
Roo

Post by Roo »

I have been trying to do this but the problem is (and I guess it's a good problem) the after pick never shows the little blemish that is left. This doesn't give a good representation of the repair because no repair is invisible and I don't want to give the impression that it will.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

Roo, I think you have been trained by first-class professionals! ;)

In my opinion, having pictures of your work can be a tremendous selling tool. While creating and explaining realistic expectations of the finished repair you can show the customer pictures of your work. By doing so you can simply explain to the customer that their windshield will not look like new when the repair is done, but the goal is to restore the structural integrity of their windshield. At times, it is difficult to take a picture of your repair but you can easily circle your repair with a marker, take a picture of it, and then clean the windshield (it seems to work for me).
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
jkjerde

Post by jkjerde »

Whooa. This is meant to be fun. Bragging rights between everyone, showing off your work to other forum members.
pcb

Post by pcb »

Roo, I have the same problem. You can see the damage in the before but nothing in the after. Maybe I don't get close enough to the windshield when I take the pic.