Never Quit

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Coitster »

Hey guys,
I just had to send a message out about what happens to everyone in this business. I personaly went out today to do some cold selling. And my gosh the first half of the day, I couldn't give chips away. I don't even know how many times I was told no today. After about 3 and 1/2 hours of this I started to get really frustrated. I said to myself, man I don't need to take all this rejection. Why do this to myself? Mabyee today just isn't my day........... :evil:
Then I woke myself up out of my self pity party and slapped myself around a little bit for being such a loser (in my mind). :idea: I said to myself even if I don't get a single job today I am not going to be a wimp and take the rest of the day off (actualy I was thinking of going to the movies). Well over the course of the next 4 hours I sold 6 insurance jobs for a grand totaly of $370 dollars. :D Not bad for a day, but what would of happened if I had given up....... Makes me shudder.

Remember don't give up, keep it up. You will get it, even those of us who have been doing this a while have our bad days, its just keepin on. BTW it would of been a really, really bad day if I had given up.
8)
David
Coitster
Glass
Coitster

Never Quit

Post by Coitster »

Would help if spelled the title of the post right. :roll:
Glass
ricky reed

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

Post by ricky reed »

Mr. Coitster when you make your cold calls who are you calling?
ricky reed
You will clearly see the difference!
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Hey Ricky,
I don't do much cold calling anymore. When I cold call I personaly call business's and whoever answers the phone gets my pitch. However in my posting today was about me being out and about. Going around drumming up business like I do everytime I go out. I can't stand to make cold calls. I only do it when I absolutly have to.
David
Coitster
Glass
gaf

Post by gaf »

I have been really struggling with going out and getting work lately and this post has given me some serious inspiration to go out and keep plugging away. Thanks guys
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

There's an old saying.

How many "no's" do you take?

One more.

The first cold call of the day is the worst. Once you make that call, it becomes easier.

Because of the nature of this business, although you ARE selling, it doesn't appear that you are at first. Don't think of yourself as a salesman, think of yourself as a technician who is providing a service that is, in most cases, free!

Be positive and assume that the prospect WANTS the windshield repaired.

Frankly, I don't bother to try to "sell" either fleet vehicle maintenance supervisors or individuals who say "not right now". You are better off approaching a new prospect because this is a game of numbers.

Coitster has a very informative letter that explains WHY repair is so important. Put together one of those, give it to the "no's", and look for the next ding.
Ricky Jr.

Re: Never Quit

Post by Ricky Jr. »

Im looking forward to learning and hopefully get a Delta Bridge from someone to try out. Do Delta have an exchange plan like Glass-M?

Send in one of your bridges for one of theres?:eusa_thin
Starburst Mobile WR

Post by Starburst Mobile WR »

I was told years ago in my insurance selling cold calling days that every NO puts you that much closer to a Yes :wink:
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Boy this thread was dug up from a long, long time ago. I can bearly remember back that far. :tongue:
David
Coitster
Glass
rescue

Post by rescue »

"Your wish is my command."

If you're interested in seeing a highly-motivational film, check this out (broadband required, you can watch the trailer for free, $5 to watch the film):

http://thesecret.tv/