Working In The Rain!!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
CHIPTECH
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by CHIPTECH »

:D Rainy Days Are Here Again!
Hello everyone its been awhile. I chose a new screen name. I used to be chprfixr, it was to close to another user so i changed it. O.k. your probably saying who cares, well your right but i am back anyway. Who does mobile repairs in bad weather and how do you combat the rain successfully while choosing to work in it.

does anybody offer products or services for an upsell, like air fresheners,lightbulb replacement etc...

p.s. good to be back on the forum. [/b]
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!
desertstars

datat

Post by desertstars »

You are right chprfixr AKA CHIPTECH.

Who cares?

Just kidding...

Rainy days are the time to catch up with your paperwork and do some telecon prospecting or chasing down overdue receivables.

A good repair isn't accomplished until the damage is dried out.

Would you try to mix cement and lay a concrete patio on a rainy day?

Welcome back.
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

Of course. You can lay concrete in rain. Concrete does not need dry weather to cure. You can lay concrete under water if you want.
This is not true on windshield repair. I would think that you could move the vehicle inside to do the work as long as the chip is dry.
Has anyone used the devices the dry the area to be repaired?

Nelson
Coitster

glascomp

Post by Coitster »

I personaly use an EZ-UP Tent. Cost me $199 at Sams Club. I set it up over the vehicle and then I use my chip dryer and dry the chip out. If that doesn't work I use a cotton tip and use Denatured Alcohol and let it sit for a few minutes to dry. Then I take my hair dryer and warm the windshield up slowly. Yea it takes a little longer but you have to find ways to do business whatever the weather is like. Hope that helps. :)
David
Coitster
Glass
boyd

Post by boyd »

Mine is two part: (1) I try not to do any that's been wet for the last couple of hours. HOwever, if it's just a fine mist for a shirt time and I feel as though water hasn't seeped into the damaged area I do this (2) I meet them at the nearest car wash. That way in case it starts to rain we pull into the bay. Noone washes their car when it's about to rain and no attendants have asked me to leave. Of course I do this very rarely but it is a good place to meet just in case the "bottom drops out" when your about to cure.

BOYD
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

I agree with desert star I personally don