In your experience, which company makes the best Resin? why?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

In your experience, which company makes the best Resin? why?

Post by Eco Steam »

I really like Delta's Resins and products, but I was just kind of curious who out there that has tried other competitors Resins, who likes what & why?

I have tried/used:

Delta's
GT's
Liquid Resin
Equalizer
Glass Mechanix

I would have to say the order above is the order of how I feel about them!

How about you?

Thanks!

JJH
Frank EU

Re: In your experience, which company makes the best Resin? why?

Post by Frank EU »

If you like the Delta resin: just keep working with it. The resins are of a good quality, the service and support is fantastic.
Your supplier needs your business and wants to maintain, and even improve, the current service level.

I do not know of any supplier that produces their own resin.
There is a lot of rubbish available.
We have tested most resins, in all viscosities, tints, acid free etc. Name it and we've used-tested it -except the so called nano stuff but we don't feel that we are missing something here (just another new marketing hype). Also; as far as I remember; the manufacturer doesn't want us to discuss his product here on the forum. The Delta resins are good, so are many others. I have also used the acid free resin as used by the Superglass techs, it is a wonderfull resin to work with (thank you for the opportunity Dave !). We have our own favourites, BUT you will have yours, it really is a matter of personal preferences.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I have used the top three from your list. They all seem to do an equally good job.
windshieldwiz

Post by windshieldwiz »

I use Delta equipment and I am extremely happy...Their customer service(especially Korey) has been GREAT. I have been using
LR glass adhesive..it is not as easily scrapped out of pit seems to me...After time everyone will probably have their own choice.The resin from Delta has done fine too. is good idea I feel try some different items.
windshield

Post by windshield »

I am a windshield repair veteran with almost 20 years of experience.I repair thousands of cars and test nearly all repair resins.Resently i change with delta kits magnibond and believe me this resin perform best than the others.Liquid resins green cap works so well.I was try with glass mechanix,poly-lite,nano etc...with no satisfacion.The optiqleer resin was bad for my purposes.I never try the glass medic resin or gt.Ok i can tell you something,there some company with the name ultra-bond that claim that theirs resins are second to none.You need to pay a royalty to use their long crack resins each month about $150 dollars.I was use that resins a long time ago and i can tell the only diference is the viscosity.For me the advantage for the viscosity is when you go to the edge of the crack and cure the damage nearly no bubbles appears over that area.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

I have tried Poly-lite, Glassmagic and Delta kits resin.
My favorite is Delta kits. It cures nice and hard and clear.
Delta kits is more expensive than the other two, but that is ok since I have total confidence in the resin.
Dozi

Post by Dozi »

I received my Sample Resin from DK. So far it's working great and I'm very impressed. It will probably be the resin that I use going forward.
Smikkelsen

Post by Smikkelsen »

Has anyone ever purchased windshield repair resin in bulk?