Safelite Marketing Campaign?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GLASSTIME
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Safelite Marketing Campaign?

Post by GLASSTIME »

Just curious who out there is starting to see the new Safelite Commercial Campaign?
I also am curious in what states its being aired. I did see on You Tube about a week ago before these commercials began here in the US there EU branch was airing the same commercial. Its pretty funny to see the same commercial in two different countries and how they adapt that commercial to that area.

Also did you see thier WSR Kit! Geez that thing looks like a EKG Machine to check someones heart! What exactly do you call that thing "The Chipzilla" LOL

From my perspective I would say they have spent alot, I mean alot of money on these commercial ads and the air time thats serperate to run them.

I myself think this would actually be a good thing for my business! It would put that thought of WSR in someones mind and maybe just maybe they will remember the commercial and remember it was about WSR and swing on over to check us out!

What does everyone else think??
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
ChampionCHIP,wsr

Re: Safelite Marketing Campaign?

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

in the spring they ran radio spots and that helped my business, so this tv spot in my opion can only help me more.
paul
johnnyone

Post by johnnyone »

Yes,I have see there ad on TV a few times, The chip has been enlarged to show the filling. I sure it does make people think more about repairing than replace ing. 8-)
Layne

Post by Layne »

Yes--It looks like the chip has been enlarged in the ad. This would lead one to believe that a larger chip than recommendrd by the industry can be repaired. I'll bet that they have a replacement windshield on the truck that just happens to match the one needed for their vehicle.
adam@gtglass

Post by adam@gtglass »

Just for fun, I got an internet quote to have a chip repair on my '95 Jeep. Guess what the quoted amount for REPAIR was? $96.00. No, I'm not pulling your leg.
Adam D. Duthie
Glass Technology, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Over here as I posted on a few months ago the price is £94 or $150 seems like they do not really want repairs, or whooppee the price is going up.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Regardless of your feelings toward Belron and Safelite, I agree with Chad that they are doing us all a big favor. Keeping their prices high for windshield repair is a good thing in my opinion. If they keep repair prices high in hopes of selling more replacements, so be it, but that is far better for our industry than low balling windshield repair prices. If they actually believe repairs are worth $96 or $150, that is better yet and they are on the same page with me. Either way their advertising is doing for the windshield repair industry what I had hoped the NWRA would do, but the NWRA does not have enough industry support, and therefore does not have the money to run such a campaign.

Just think if we could come together as an industry and promote windshied repair like Safelite is doing. If the NWRA could figure out a way to pull that off and provide a list of NWRA certified technicians for cosumers to choose from in their local area, I think we could actually have an industry organization that technicians would support. It's a huge undertaking though, and may be impossible without money, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I would like to say that on the fleet/trade side of repair over here, that Belron do not have much of an impact. Most companies know that it is a good idea to use seperate repair and replacement companies to get the best service.
curt

Post by curt »

I did see the add also and was quite excited. I believe it will help us alot .Let the big boys pay for educating the customers and we can reap the benefits. Its been my experience that people prefer working directly with the person who can make a decision and they should get better service from us . Now all I need is to wait till Training in Clearwater and then I m ready to go and make it Official
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

I have seen their ad a few times. Screenman, I'd have to disagree with you regarding Belron. One month ago I lost Avis to Safelite, aka Belron. I had been doing repairs for 16 years for Avis. I was told that Safelite came in with an offer of X amount of dollars per month regardless of how many repairs AND replacements were performed! I was told that the Boston, MA (Logan Airport) location had the same happen. I have not heard of other Avis locations across the country, but if anyone knows, speak up.
The Safelite tech told the Avis mechanic that Belron was out to put the little guy out of business! This rental location was a large loss of work for me, but.......listen up Belron, I'm not going away!