The delta kit slide hammer???

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
everest_4
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: The delta kit slide hammer???

Post by everest_4 »

Not to break anybodies bubble here on how "wonderful this tool is" it would be a better tool if the quality would be better. The tip is always falling out, not enough magnetic strength to hold it there.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Perhaps you have one that has a flaw. The only time I have had them come out is when they sometimes get jammed in the pit for some reason. They have never just fallen out. The hammer part itself will tend to break lose if you knock or shake it as the hammer is heavy and has a lot of inertia. I would call delta and see if I could exchange it for another one. Maybe the magnet in yours was just weak to start with or something.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I have sold quite a few of these and not had a problem, apart from pushing the magnet up inside when pushing down harder than needed, but a good tap with the slide soon put it in its place.
curt

Post by curt »

everest 4
I'm glad you posted about your slide hammer tip falling out, Mine does as well. I thought it was normal . Annoying but normal . I really like my Delta Kit and am sure if this is not normal it will be made right. I like the consistent small bullseyes it makes.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Please keep in mind the tip is meant to come out easily if you pull on it, and it may fall out if you drop it, but if it is falling out for no reason it is defective. We have had a few issues with the magnet coming loose, in which case the tip will fall out. If you are having that problem please give us a call. We will of course repair or replace the slide hammer free of charge.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
curt

Post by curt »

Brent thank you,My magnet fell out the first time I used it . Great tool from a great Company.Im hoping to hold out on my return till Clearwater training.
Phoenix 1

Post by Phoenix 1 »

Hi to all im Mick and work in the uk
Yorkshire area
Can this be bought in the uk or do I need to order from USA
I like the idea and think it will be more controled than my spike and hammer method
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

Phoenix 1, Welcome to the windshield repair forum! There is a lot of information on the forum and there are numerous informational videos on our website. I have emailed you information in regards to purchasing Delta Kits windshield repair equipment in the UK. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to email me.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
tracy5963

Post by tracy5963 »

My Slide hammer did the same thing it seemed like it was falling apart but it is meent to be able to put neddles in and out . I supergluded the magnet and the needle in place .it works Great I cannot live with out it .
vinyl-4ever

Post by vinyl-4ever »

I use mine every day. be careful not to lose the tip or drop between windshield molding.