GEICO Inspects...!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Paranoia
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: GEICO Inspects...!

Post by Paranoia »

There are days I feel I get no love :(
I am a Safelite associate in the Repair/Replace field.

/me pauses waits for the crowed to finish booing.
Oh a tomato mmmm got salt?

I like the inspection it helps everyone with collateral sales.
I know its hard to believe but Safelite Actually attempts to do repairs first.
We are instructed to inspect all WS's we do repairs on. To look for additional damage.
For most of the obvious reasons to get the additional sale, But most inportanly to make sure that we don't leave another chip behind to crackout shortly after we repair the first chip.

[Sidenote-Tangent]
There are many times I go to a location to do a replacement.
I check out the glass to make sure I have the correct one before I even touch the car and notice there is only a small rock chip.
I usually stop ask the customer if that is the reason they want the window to be replaced. Usually they say yes, Most of the time its because the WS is sandblasted.
Then I push for a chip repair instead. With the assurance that if they don't like the repair I do have the WS right there right now to replace it if they are unsatisfied.
1 1/2 hour job now turned into 30min.
Thats 1 of 2 outcomes
The other outcome is yes it is the chip but because there Ins. ded is so low why not get a new WS.
And are set on a new WS that they will not settle for anything else.
[/Sidenote-Tangent]
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

just chippen away wrote:Back then they also had a network called RON "Repair Only Network" If I remember right it was owned by Paul Gross? We got first shot over the repair / replacement shops

Some other old timer Tech, correct me if I am wrong.
JCA,
FYI - Bill Batley from Washington started RON, it is still part of the Quest network. Paul Gross used to own several Novus francises in Wisconsin, He is now with HSG.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Been a long time and names do not stay in my head, Everything else does though...

We need to have a RON back in service. Separately. I did not get much from Quest years ago, but I had a lot of work from RON.
I still get nothing from Quest to this day... They say I am still in there system...

I do not rely on the networks now days...
Just Chippen Away
SeeClearly

Post by SeeClearly »

Paranoia:

Thanks for the insight. Lol...don't take it personally that Safelite has a bad name out there. I am sure you are a great guy. Anyhow, for anyone waiting for the network to call....they should probably not be in the repair business...and probably won't be for long. I do not like the way the larger companies do things, but that is what we have to deal with in life. All we can do is to keep our heads up and continue to plug and chug and make it happen for ourselves.
Dave M

Post by Dave M »

Paranoia,
Interesting call name! Just curious, what does your manager think when after being sent out to do a replacement, you only do a repair? Let me add first on your professionalism (is that a word?) on pointing out to the customers that a repair is all that would be needed. Well done!
Paranoia

Post by Paranoia »

Dave M wrote:Paranoia,
Interesting call name! Just curious, what does your manager think when after being sent out to do a replacement, you only do a repair? Let me add first on your professionalism (is that a word?) on pointing out to the customers that a repair is all that would be needed. Well done!
I have honestly been thinking about legally changing my name to Paranoia.
I can only imagin how funny it would be when they get the email notification that the Tech Paranoia will be repairing your vehical.
With a photo of me and a brief discription of me in general.
Paranoia is my real life nickname and online game name. Just something that has been with me for around 15 years. Since I started computer gaming.
My manager could care less as long as I am out there sexing up the customers, and maken sure I do high quality work.