car wash repairs.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

car wash repairs.

Post by just chippen away »

I was talking to one of our local car washes that had a lot lizard doing repairs and bait and switches on the lot and was paying 1500 a month to be there. The lot lizard has now been removed and the car wash is going to do their own repairs and headlight restores. They were trying to pick my brain on what to buy or do. I blow smoke right up there a$$'s. They thought we were friends enough to help them take food off my plate.
Sorry, fend for your self and may the best service strive....

They just happen to think they can do better doing their own services than have free income from a lot lizard taking up space...

Bottom line, All you guys sitting on the Car washes thinking you are going to be making you income from there, You may be on the street once they start reading their car wash magazines and see how cheep it is to get into this line of so called work....
Remember he was getting 1500.00 a month for free...... What are you all paying to sit there to take money off their table?
Just Chippen Away
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: car wash repairs.

Post by GlassStarz »

So rather than make some money teaching them to do it right you chose blow smoke( and they are going to do it anyway) LOL Lets get this right charge them to teach thier guy $5000?(they know how much the other guy was making so its worth it to them)set them up to buy from your favorite mfg make a deal with a mfg where you get a percentage of the stuff they buyLR has a plan im sure Delta would do something similar show them how to use ACT and get 2 bucks from every claim they do and start making money off the cometitor yup I would rather Blow Smoke not! Every situation can be turned into a money maker if you look at it the right way
just chippen away

So you want me to cut my business throat to have someone to do work just as good as I am just for a few bucks? I do not think so. This town is not big enough for a 20th make it big service.... We have more repair hacks than lawyers and furniture stores.

To me is sounds like you would sell your soul just for a quick buck. Then down the road you will have to think why did I do that. Geee, it sounded good at the time and I have their money, but why are they raking in the customers, Because you trained them. GOOD FOR YOU.... Give your self an ada boy. You just tought someone how to fish BETTER....

Remember, I am not as nice or trusting as you are... I forgot, who lost their tools being a trusting person... If you had tools in your box, they are now your competitor.

I am not going to teach my competitor how to do their job.... This is my bread and butter. They already have their bread and butter being a full service car wash, they are just looking for desert doing the repairs also. GREED.

Look at some of these guys on here wanting to make it on there own after their boss tought them the ropes and they have found out they still do not know it all...
Just Chippen Away
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Let me spain it to ya zippy they are going to work in your town regardless and without proper training possibly do damage to the buisness of others The alternitive is you cut them some kind of deal oversee training and get a piece of the pie ya gotta be kind of slow not to see the benifit to making money and being able to control whats going on. Come on lets face the facts someone has been making a living there already and they see the benifit to doing it themselves gonna happen with or without you get a knife and cut yourself a piece of the pie let coomon sense prevail
just chippen away

To start with, I am not Zippy.

They have one of the employee's with them at this time and he will do the so called training, they already have there own tools picked out the employee has used. (TRIGLASS)
The employee will be moving to Fresno Cal. and will start up on his own in a few months....

This was not intended for you and me to piss back and forth on each other. You keep your so called car sale tactic's of making a fast buck to your self. I read you as a hustler for a fast buck.... Not my bag of worms. I have a better reputation for honesty.

This is closed with you and myself.

To the others
I was only trying to let others know they are not secure sitting on a wash rack making money off them for long....
Just Chippen Away
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

if he does move to fresno have him contact me I have about 100 customers from when i lived there
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

As soon as I spotted this story...I composed a long reply. Then I decided to not post it.

To be cutting this short: I am supporting the original thoughts for most parts and will be happy to proceed this converstation.
Just Chippen Away has some very valid points.
just chippen away

I would like to have someone on my side even if it is half way there.

I personally would not mind training ANYONE as long as they were not going to use what they have learned against me in my own town.... I have my customers watch all the time and also tell them step by step on what I am doing. I will even joke with them saying it they want to buy me out I will teach them the proper way of doing the repairs then walk away. This is after they see what I do compare to the bad jobs from others.
One asked me this week. "are we all the same and do the same job?" That is were I told him the are good systems, resins and techs that take pride in there work, and there is others. There are techs that have great systems, they just do not know how to use them to do a good job....

Frank, Why not post. You know you and I are on the same note most of the time.... BLUNT to the point.
Just Chippen Away
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Just Chippen.... I just returned home this morning from yet another 10-day USA trip.
I trained another group of new techs for our expanding operation and we're looking for more good and honest hard working people.
We take the risks you mentioned by hiring new techs, train them, introduce them and alocate them in an area or specific locations.
We go the whole nine yards. There is no option, we take great pride in what we are doing and in what we have achieved so far.
By doing so, we indeed take some risk but hey, one needs people in order to execute the business plan. No gain without pain.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I guess thats the dif between us I tend to help others succeed while some sit around getting mad because others are doing well. And yes I am very trusting its called being a normal person and who would want to live thinking everyone was out to get them? You really should relax no need to get to stressed especialy in this buisness it ideal for the guy who wants to work for himself and not the 9-5 rat race. This buisness can be done many ways and if you have a open mind you can find lots of ways to profit. Folks who dont stress things tend to live a longer and happier life