Flyers on windshields needing repair

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Nelson
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Happy New Year

Post by Nelson »

Got 3 jobs today off the signs that I put out. They are producing much better than the flyers. The phone started ringing at about 4:30. I went and did all three tonight. The repairs looked excellent and hopefully these people will tell there friends.

I think the signs are an excellent way to advertise.

Nelson
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

Looks to me like what a bunch of us have said not only within this thread but previous posts is that w/s flyers do...... not..... work!

Invest your time; invest your effort in some other source of leads.
shermfiddle

New Year

Post by shermfiddle »

That's really wonderful Nelson! Just for information..do you just put the signs on a heavily traveled road in town? Do you place them in different locations? I think you hit upon something? Do you pick the signs up at night or just leave them in strategic spots on the road? Thanks for your input.

"I still love this business"
Nelson

Road signs

Post by Nelson »

shermfiddle,

I leave the signs up and if the city takes them I do not care. I only pay $2.20 for each one. I put them at heavy traffic areas. I also have been putting them at the exits of movie theaters. I then canvas the parking lot and put flyers on the windshield with damage. I try to do this a few times durring the day. There are 3 very large movie theaters in town. The kind with more than 20 screens. These are the ones I focus on. I figure if they get the flyer and then see the sign maybe the one, two punch will get them to call. I do not think the flyers are that effective. I have only gotten 2 jobs off them. I will see if the two working together will do anything. I have put out about 25 signs in total in the last two days and they are doing OK. I think that this time of year is a little bit of the problem. I am sure that people are watching there money right now since they just spent it on Christmas. I think things will pick up in the next month or so.

I do think that the flyers are a good thing. I hope that people will remember my name and maybe after seeing a few signs they will call.

Nelson
gt_repair

KISS

Post by gt_repair »

We have a city employee in this town that all he does is pick up the signs and banners that pop up and if you do it more that twice he comes and gives you a fine.

I just finished having a banner mounted on my truck that I roll up and down when needed...

If I can figure out how to post a pic on this site I will show you what we did to my truck (office) in the past year..

DELTA how can I get a pic on this site :?:

html/gt.html

:idea: Maybe we all can show off our rigs of our trade. :idea:

Added link to pictures
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

GT,

Email it to me and i'll post it for you...

jhiggins@deltakits.com
Delta Kits, Inc.
vidales

Insurance

Post by vidales »

cards on the driver side door work well
julian

Post by julian »

i recently started wsrepairs , and thats the first thing i did was make flyers and it worked out for me great, i passed out about 150 flyers at parking lots, and by the next day i got a job and just about every other day after that at least 1-2 jobs would call me for a wsr. i say its a good thing
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

julian,

Would you just hand out flyers to everyone that walked by?

Nelson
julian

Post by julian »

whats up nelson? no, i would just put them on the cars windshield wipers, even if they didnt have damage to the windshields i would still put a flyer you never know when they will have a chip in the future :wink: