Flyers on windshields needing repair

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Nelson
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Nelson »

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this.
I made up some flyers that talk about windshield repair and what is involved, how it can benefit the car owner and such. I then went to a parking lot with lots of turn over of cars and placed flyers only on autos with stars and bulls eyes. I put out about 300 today. I hope to get a 2 - 3% return on this. I was wondering if anyone else has done anything simular and if so what was your return? I am a little disappointed that I did not get a single call today though. I will guess that means they just tossed it.

Nelson
gt_repair

Flyers on windshields needing repair

Post by gt_repair »

I don't think the flyers work that well. Did you put them on all the cars or the ones that have chips only. other wise you may piss someone off if there is no problem on there windshield. I have a shop in my town that did that and I got the work later on. They asked if I put the flyers out and I said no, that was another shop. They did voice there opinion..
I for one do not like being flaged on my windshield because I would not see it till I got in the car for some reason then I would have to get back out and crumple up the flyer just being pissed about it.
Them danm churches do that all the time. (nothing against churches) If I want to check out the 100 churches in town I would do it on my own. (Sorry, I have to go out side a cool off) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Better now..
Just my thought.
I tryed a nice note starting out " SORRY, I just happen to see you have a stone chip" Saying it in concern and censer, It did not work for me...
desertstars

web on wipers

Post by desertstars »

When I first started in this business years ago and w/s repair was as unknown as the identity of the missing link, I plastered damaged windshields with over two thousand fliers in countless parking areas.

Not one call.

Not one.

Fortunately, no one called me and claimed that I either bent their wiper apparatus or scratched their paint job and threatened either a lawsuit or a Chuck Norris reprisal.

I agree with gt.
cure4glass

re-repairs

Post by cure4glass »

I tried the flyers on windshields years ago without good results.However, I will now often put a business card between the door and window of the driver's side if I see repairable damage.I tend to get better results this way.I think people are more apt to leave the card in the vehicle than throw it away immediately as they would a flyer. One repair will pay for a thousand cards, and if I'm walking past the cars anyway, I've nothing to lose.I've gotten no telling how many calls from cards I've left at a drive through windows.Sometimes The power of suggestion is all it takes, but you have to use tact.
shermfiddle

Flyers on windshields

Post by shermfiddle »

Over the last 7 years I've tried flyers several times. The only time that they worked for me was when my son started to hand write notes that said: Sorry..I noticed that you have a ding in your windshield? If you call my dad Sherman, he will be glad to come out and fix it for you so it won't crack out. Most repairs are free with insurance. call him at 303- - .

I can say that we would average about 2 or 3% response. That a lot better then my old method of having them printed. One more thing...don't put them on the windshield. I put them on the drivers side door jam. Try ten flyers and see what resonse you get? Maybe you could let us know how you did?

"I still love this business"
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

That was a great idea, Shermfiddle.

The hand-written approach from your son.

That can work.

The business card approach can also work with a personal note on the backside slipped along the driver's sidelite as cure4glass suggested.

None of us like reaching across the hood to remove a blurb anymore than trying to find the remote in order to change the station from a soap opera to a football game.
GlassStarz

fliers

Post by GlassStarz »

I have a friend who made millions using mail order (largest used cash register buisness in the world) unfortunatly he passed this spring but his advice to me when I brought up the flyer question was that the only way they work is you have to create a sense of urgency. They know they have a break and have done nothing to this point. His advice was print up a flyer or make a stamp for the back of your buisness card that says I will be in this area working on____(hand write in the day) I will fix that break free while im here call for details. Unfortunatly I live in an rural area that prides its self on its green image resulting in laws prohibiting flyers road side signs not directly in front of your buisness are also illegal. I have had some sucess in the smaller comunities and the park and ride lots
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Our town has an arts crafts festival every year I put my flyers inside of auto litter bags that had my name ,phone#and logo on it. I passed out 400 of them person to person and on cars. Cost about $150.00 return was $000.00 NOT 1CALL! :D
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Sorry I do not have a son, But I do have 2 Step daughters that are two lazy to do anything, (even if I bribe them)
I did try 45 flyers at our local DILLERDS and I got what I expected....................$ooooooooooo.oo That was a home run for me. I went to wendy's for lunch on that one :cry:
Nelson

redo's

Post by Nelson »

Well I put out about 300 flyers on cars that had chips only. I did not get a single call. I am a little upset but I knew it would be this way. I use to have a construction company and put out flyers on cars about painting and it did nothing. I got most of my business off of signs that I put out. I am going to get some of those made up. The only problem is the $300.00 investment. I get 100 signs 11 x 14 and stakes. They will last for about 3 months. Has anyone tried this? It has been good for me in other businesses but I have not tried it with windshield repair. Let me know if this has worked for you.

Nelson