Windshield Repair Olympics

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Windshieldtech

Re: Brian Fenner - WRO Gold Medal Winner

Post by Windshieldtech »

Way to go Brian...Nice to know I learned from the BEST !!
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by SGT »

Hey Diana,

It's been a little while since you checked in with me. I trust all is well. Thank you for the kudos. I am not good with the whole "best" thing and would not suggest someone rule out factory training for me. BUT if someone purchases or uses Delta Kits equipment, could not get factory training and wanted my assistance, I certainly could give them a strong start to success.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Windshieldtech

Post by Windshieldtech »

Someday I would like to be certified by Delta Kits. If they ever get to the East Coast, Virginia, I will take their class. Now that I know something about the subject of windshield repair, I know what questions to ask....plus I want that Certificate. I could use training on the cracks. Pennsylvania was much more convenient for me at the time. I could use an advanced training class. Thanks for getting me started!
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

You ought to really consider coming to Eugene, Oregon. Also, we will be conducting an On The Road Training Course on January 17th in Clearwater, FL during the Mobile Tech Expo. I am sure you will not be disappointed as our trainers will help take your repair quality to the next level.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

For those of you who do not get AGRR magazine I thought I would share this link. http://www.agrrmag.com/digital/2009/WinterExtra09.pdf
There is an article on page 10 about the Auto Glass Technician Olympics and another article on page 14 about the Windshield Repair Olympics.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Pg.15 caption says Brandon Long is Injecting resin. Looks like a torch to me.
Brent Deines

Windshield Repair Olympics

Post by Brent Deines »

Well they just wrapped up the first day of the 2010 Walt Gorman Memorial Windshield Repair Olympics. I was unable to attend but I heard all 6 competitors were very professional and represented our industry well. Here are the names of the competitors in alphabetical order.

Anthony Chavira, ATX Imperial Auto Glass LLC
Gregory Hamilton, Glasspro Inc.
Brandon Long, Novus Glass
Randy Olsen, Chip Medic
Lee Simms, SuperGlass Windshield Repair
Steve Walker, Glass Doctor

Greg, Brandon and Randy earned the right to compete for bronze, silver and gold tomorrow morning. Good luck gentlemen!

SGT

Re: Windshield Repair Olympics 2010

Post by SGT »

Nice photos. If you get to take more please post. As a past competitor I want to commend all competitors for there desire to show how professional and dedicated to this industry they are. It is not easy to be judged while under a microscope.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
t4k

Post by t4k »

SGT wrote:Nice photos. If you get to take more please post. As a past competitor I want to commend all competitors for there desire to show how professional and dedicated to this industry they are. It is not easy to be judged while under a microscope.
So you've been in this competition before? I didn't know that. Just kidding. :lol:
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Congratulations to Randy Olsen of Chip Medic for bringing home the gold medal in the 5th annual Walt Gorman Memorial Windshield Repair Olympics, held today in Las Vegas, NV!

Randy Olsen was awarded the 1st place trophy and $1000 in prize money against some very tough competition.

The second place honors, silver medal and $500 were awarded to Brandon Long of Novus.

Third place honors, bronze medal and $250 were awarded to Greg Hamilton of Glasspro Inc.

I understand that it was once again a very close competition.

That's Lee Simms of SuperGlass on the left. Korey didn't tell me who took 4th, and 4th place was not awarded in previous years, so he will have to fill us in when he has time.

As promised, Delta Kits matched the prize money with an additional $250 for Greg, who is a Delta Kits customer. Hopefully a good time was had by all!

Congratulations to all three of these fine competitors!

Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.