Moisture evaporator

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
TGD

Moisture evaporator

Post by TGD »

Good day mates, I just ordered my moisture evaporator and as I wait for it to arrive, I have a few ws that need to be repaired, I expect them to have possible moisture in them, due to rain...
My question: is there another way to eliminate the moisture from the break without the evaporator?
Dry vacume cycle, defrost, heat, etc...???
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Moisture evaporator

Post by DryStar »

Heat pen with hot air tip.... $70-$80 investment for a decent one. Works well on non windy days.
puka pau
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by puka pau »

Compressed air works well - better in some applications than others. You need an oilless compressor, an in-line air dryer and a nozzle with a really small tip. Don't use shop air. Shop compressors are oil-type and can potentially introduce contamination into the damage.
Compressed air works well to evacuate moisture from bullseyes, does not work well at all on star-type damage and is in my experience the absolute best methodology for removing moisture from long cracks.

Cheers;

Puka Pau
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by johnnyone »

Some times I have used my bic lighter for applying heat or use the car cigarette lighter....