RLI premium

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

RLI premium

Post by DryStar »

Just wondered if anybody else received an increase. Mine jumped from $128-$178 not including additional insureds on policy. Called and asked them why the jump...they couldn't provide a reason. I know it's still cheap repair only coverage but a 40% percent hike should result in some answer.
usmc68

Re: RLI premium

Post by usmc68 »

I dropped them this year. You will find it does not cover the vehicle you are working on, only those nearby. But it does allow you to set up with the net works. I joined ACT and never got one referral in over a year! Give your customer 2 copies, and let them bill their agent-they will pay or lose a client!
I will bet that most here think they are covered-not so! Only garage keepers ins. will cover us 100%, and be prepared to pay big bucks!!
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Eco Steam »

I used RLI for a year, and about 2 months before my policy expired, I was talking to my rep and coverages came up again and he told me that the vehicles I was doing work on, were NOT covered. Just the vehicles arounf you and the property you're on.

So, if you want super cheap Insurance to get into the networks, RLI is the way to go. If you want the vehicles you're working on to be covered, you're looking at spending a good chunk of cash more....

I went from $361 for a $1 mil policy annually to $1,360 for a Garage Keepers 1 million policy!

I don't recommend NOT having Insurance, but if you're under the impression that RLI will cover a $800 to $1,000 (the glass alone was around $725!) Install on the 2010 Camaro, either you need to be doing replacements yourself, have a good friend that does replacements, or get ready to shell out the $$$!

It really doesn't matter what type of vehicle(s) you're working, RLI will NOT cover it!

ATX
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

ATX,

That's sounds about right, actually when I owned a full service shop my garage keepers insurance was around $1,900 per year but it covered everything. Yeah..if you damage a shield or vehicle RLI's basic repair coverage won't cover it. They basically cover you or somebody else involved for a injury while your providing service. They still have to be profiting off these policies even at these low offered rates. Never heard of anybody so far filing a claim against them.
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by johnnyone »

If your repair kit gets stolen, I believe that you will be covered, not sure what they will do, proabley nothing.