This is scary.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
D2D

Re: This is scary.

Post by D2D »

OK, so I called and spoke to "Frank" who confirmed they did the video and I told him I did not want to identify myself as I didn't know how he would react to my telling him that there is considerable controversy on a web forum over the techniques displayed in that video with the concensus being that the repair is horrible and unacceptable.
He proceeds to defend their system by saying that's the way they've done it for 30 years and he doesn't care what anybody thinks about it nor did he want to know the web address for the forum.
I don't think they'll be calling for training.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

Oh well, they probably sell glass too (replacements). Some never learn nor care. Unfortunately: they poison our marketplace while they screw the public at the same time, resulting in a bad image for our wonderful trade.
screenman

Post by screenman »

That is the type of response I get often from the people I try to sell to over here, in time I will convert them.
mend master
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by mend master »

Its the age old issue of 1 year's worth of "experience", repeated 30 times versus actually having 30 years of continuing education and perfecting your craft. This is the type of person that says, "This is the way we've ALWAYS done it." Yep, they've ALWAYS been doing it wrong because thats the way they were taught and have no desire to learn anything new because "it works for me". Its not just our trade, its human nature and pervades all industries. Good lesson to never get so set in our ways that we are unwilling to try a new technique or product, and/or think we can't learn something.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Some folks have been doing things the same way for 30 years others change with the times and learn new techniques. Her method wasnt bad it was exactly the novus method of 25 years ago complete with the old gear. New equipment and methods result in better results but some folks still do it old style to each thier own :?
screenman

Post by screenman »

It is different to the Novus technique I was trained on 23 years ago, I was taught not to do many of the bad things she did.
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Well that was pure agony from start to finish, Judy looked the part, nice and tidy, and was wearing gloves but that's about the only good I could see...

When finished the damage looked no better than before she started at least in my opinion, there were so many negatives to this job, too many to list and most were already addressed by Screenman, the part about telling the customer to keep his fingers off the pit filler as it takes 15 minutes to cure was the icing on the cake for me, like its the customers job, its her job to cure that, of course its hard to cure if you don't use a UV light, I doubt that pit filler would look flush with the windshield, in my opinion the job wasn't finshed...

To be honest she had failed before she started the repair, I would have asked her to leave before that drill hit the Windshield/screen, a Metal tool box sitting on the hood of my car, No way, at that point my faith in her would be Zero and the job would be over, call me picky but once that metal tool tray slides off that towel on to my paint Id be all kinds of crazy... She's supposed to be getting rid of an headache not creating another one, OK so she had a towel on the hood to protect it, still how many other cars had that been on and was there any resin on that towel?, It shows total disrespect for my property and that's where I draw the line, I've seen WSR techs put plastic toolboxes on cars and it always bugs me but never metal... Just saying...

I'm amazed these people are still in business after 30 years, and to think they have the guts to post it online, they must be ignorant...

I love how the web site claims you are watching experts, I've seen other cosmetic car repairs done on the web by people who claim to be experts, they haven't a clue how bad they look...
Jester

Post by Jester »

:o Wow! so bad, in so many ways! I use an identical bridge on a daily basis, but have nothing else in common...
Last edited by Kgobin on September 1st, 2011, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: profanity removed