Can such kind of break be repaired?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
robert n
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Can such kind of break be repaired?

Post by robert n »

DryStar wrote:BrightFast,

Not to criticize but rather to inform. On practice shields you'll first have to create the right damage and then repair it. Causing damage to 2nd layer and trying to repair it won't help you. Yes, you can flip it over and repair from the inside on a practice shield but you wouldn't be able to accomplish that with a fixed piece in a vehicle.
I agree with DryStar...you cannot do the repair from the inside of the car. I would have liked to see how the repair looked BEFORE you Flipped the glass over and did the repair from the "inside".
BrightFastWSR

Post by BrightFastWSR »

Yes. I have established a new combination break on the outside layer of the practicing windshield and repaired it. I will post the picture later to ask some questions and will not post any breaks in the inside layer. I learnt a lot in posting this topic, thank everyone paticipating in this topic. Now I am testing a Heating wire lighter to heat the windshield to get rid of the moisture.I will consider to have a drystar if it is not capable of the job.
SMITHY

Post by SMITHY »

BrightFastWSR wrote:Yes. I have established a new combination break on the outside layer of the practicing windshield and repaired it. I will post the picture later to ask some questions and will not post any breaks in the inside layer. I learnt a lot in posting this topic, thank everyone paticipating in this topic. Now I am testing a Heating wire lighter to heat the windshield to get rid of the moisture.I will consider to have a drystar if it is not capable of the job.
You can get a Heatwave moisture evaporator from US windshield repair for $49.00. Same thing as the drystar.
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

SMITHY wrote:
BrightFastWSR wrote:Yes. I have established a new combination break on the outside layer of the practicing windshield and repaired it. I will post the picture later to ask some questions and will not post any breaks in the inside layer. I learnt a lot in posting this topic, thank everyone paticipating in this topic. Now I am testing a Heating wire lighter to heat the windshield to get rid of the moisture.I will consider to have a drystar if it is not capable of the job.
You can get a Heatwave moisture evaporator from US windshield repair for $49.00. Same thing as the drystar.
Deltakits Drystar $48.50

http://www.deltakits.com/products/11/28
SMITHY

Post by SMITHY »

sunshine wr wrote:
SMITHY wrote:
Deltakits Drystar $48.50

http://www.deltakits.com/products/11/28
Well it looks like they just reduced it then, because when I was buying one, it was $89.00 plus shipping.
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair